Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 32 Ch. 130 - Humanity's Breaking Dawn

Dex-chan lover
@Watapon
"You people would kill a man and his entire family for running over your dog"
What the fuck? What kind of fucking psycopath are you? dude, learn to differentiate between reality and fiction, you sound like an internet tough guy.

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah, this chapter is apocalyptic and bonkers and stuff... but can someone confirm something for me?

Is Eren the father of Historia's baby? The dialogue didn't make it clear at all. Like, I don't even ship them, I just wanna know Isayama's intention.

Aggregator gang
@PedroSimao002 Is not clear?? Counting the other translations, It seems Historia suggested to Eren for her to have a child as an answer to Eren's plan.

It seems that she decided to have a kid to help her live with the guilt of knowing what Eren planned, but is not clear If Eren is the parent or If is a red herring and the guy that used to bully Historia as a kid is the dad (the one we see looking after her after she gets pregnant).

As a plus, if she was pregnant that would buy her time instead of having her eat Zeke like it was intended.

Dex-chan lover
In one side, you want your people to survive. On other side, you can't just kill innocence people. Another Eren will be born (if Eren can't kill them all)

It's wild.

Honestly, the only way I can see this end in peace is someone get all the titan power then kill themselves.

Aggregator gang
@comedyxtragedy nope. Wouldnt have worked anyways. See the ghetto in Liberio. It would all come down to the fact they are still Eldians and would always represent the potential of being titans.

"B-but they cant transform anymoreeee"

Prejudice isnt logical. Even if in here it has a logic/history behind it, it doesnt actually make sense.

It would have been the same shit if Zeke carried his self loathing plan as well. It wouldnt have changed a thing because the thing that NEEDS to change is how people Think and percieve Eldians. And unfortunately for everyone, you cant just force someone to change their views or control how they see you. You know "take a horse to a river but cant force to drink from it". I mean yes this doesnt apply to Eldians whose memories can be manipulated by whoever holds the coordinate but the rest of the world isnt Eldian so

EDIT: Even If some people do survive, chances are It will be a reverse situation to what went down before Paradis was made. Paradis/Eldians would remain the only stable civilization in the world, and in such a situation after a cataclysm like the release of the wall titans fucking everything up, Paradise at best would be, ironically, a paradise. Survivors who managed to make their way to the island (assuming they know of it and can manage to reach it), would most likely try to reach it as refugees and not necessarily to avenge their families.

Eren never wanted peace. He had 4 years left and the only thing he wanted was for his friends and his people to survive. And for him this was the only option possible and I totally get that. They will always see the Eldians as evil because of their prejudice. They tried many times for political peace but that never worked. So I get why Eren got there. And the fact that he saw the future, his power and the truth about all this, make it more understandable. It’s only about survival. Yes there are innocent people out there but they wouldn’t hesitate to wipe out the Paradise Island so yeah 🧐

Fed-Kun's army
Eren's out here looking like a bloodborne boss.
Maybe I'm reading too much into that scene, but is Historia's child actually Eren's? It seems weird they'd bring her up here. In fact the whole situation with her just kind of vanishing from the story was kind of weird.

Wait this is very similar to the second season's ED, except less medieval

I think there are a few translation mistakes in the conversation between Eren and Historia.

Assualt Titan? Dude its Attack titan, literally the name of the show. How can you mess that up?

Dex-chan lover
Honestly speaking there was never really any other choice.
Zeke wanted everyone to simply die off, a pitiful death but a sacrifice so that the rest of the world would continue on without them. However this certainly wouldn't end the war with Marley and the other countries which would inevitably continue. If anything Marley would have then become the next Eldians since they'd have entirely lost their manpower and would no doubt get fucked over by the countries that they'd dominated previously.

Giving into Marley demands would just continue the enslavement of the Eldians. Which is a non-option.

Threatening the Rumbling would only delay the inevitable war. But this would also force the Eldians to take on the same sins as the Marleyans and their ancestors by perpetuating a cycle of giving birth to childrens to eat their parents and so on and so forth. Which essentially just kept the wheels rolling on the exact same situation.

So ultimately I'd have to agree with Eren in a way, kill all of the enemies until there's nothing left.
Eren can't reasonably remove the Eldians power to Titan-shift until he deletes everyone else, simply for the fact that it would essentially be like dismantling your only weapon/defense.
Once the world is cleansed he can prevent Titans from ever existing again since their only use is for war.
However we still have an issue at hand which is that it certainly won't create a true paradise - war still exists even in a world of only Eldians.

So I wonder what Isayama intends to do from here.
I feel like the obvious answer is to have Eren give a permanent threat to the Eldians left behind, like saying "I'll be back if this shit happens again." And in a Code Geass-like ending, he winds up sacrificing his image to become the penultimate bad guy that the world both hates and lives in fear of. Alternatively he creates an outside force of titans to give a cause for humans to rally against, just like Paradise Island had done in the earlier chapters. A common enemy that unites everyone.

Eren murdered grown men in cold blood when he was a wee child and people are STILL surprised he's actually following the genocide route smh.

Aggregator gang
Eren committing mass genocide and following his own goals is just solidifying how great of a protagonist he is

Users who are viewing this thread