Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 135 - Battle between heaven and earth

Fed-Kun's army
Eren looking like a Christmas tree 🎄 that psycho chick built.

Dex-chan lover
@criver sophistry? what tf are you on about lol. for all of the author's shortcomings as a writer, i don't he ever tried to push shit down our throats. that's why r**ards think it's all nazi propaganda or sum shit. yea, it's not perfect, but the themes and symbolism are really engaging and the characters, even if they aren't really likeable (non of them are, tbh), the role they play in the story, what they "represent" is much more interesting to me. I see it going for a LotR-like scale. I don't really think Tolkien was giving much thought about if Frodo, Sam, Gandalf or Aragorn were "good characters" in a traditional story-telling way, but much more what role they played and what they represented in the story.
It's an epic, it should be read in an epic scale. i don't really mind the minor issues because of the massive scale it is going for. It's aiming for masterpiece, no 2nd place. I respect that.

It's not a perfect story, but it's much more interesting than anything going on rn. and like i said, the themes and symbolism deal with deep shit. Like, nature of humanity, morality and ethics, the nature of war, history and violence.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda crazy to think letting a pig escape led to the near entire genocide of the world

(Butterfly effect bonkers in this story)

Dex-chan lover
@rabidfish

It's not a perfect story, but it's much more interesting than anything going on rn. and like i said, the themes and symbolism deal with deep shit. Like, nature of humanity, morality and ethics, the nature of war, history and violence.
Try reading actual literature. Or if you can't stomach that, try reading some of Asano Inio's works. Despite the fact that I really wanted to ignore the shortcomings of SnK, it simply went downhill midway. Introducing "deep shit" and mishandling it can easily result in a pretentious work, which it did. The intellectual level at which the problems are analyzed is something worthy of a teenager's fan fiction. So if anything, adding such elements just hurt the story in the long run. But that's just my opinion.

Fed-Kun's army
Ymir Fritz: Wait, that's illegal!

P.S. Just let Eren destroy Marley and he will stop and die afterwards. He just want to erase these motherfucking racist brainwashing Marleyans who can't move on after so many fucking peaceful years! For the safety of his fellow Eldians especially his and Historia's child(Headcannon).
It's not like Eren will last in that form stomping the whole world, I think because Marley is a big ass continent.

Don't believe me? here's the code 246504!

Dex-chan lover
@rabidfish

Why did you get offended that I implied that this is not "actual" literature? You even acknowledged this is not the best thing around. Do you disagree with any of my points?

Can someone explain how Annie is controlling the titan? I thought she (female titan) was able to adopt to certain abilities from other titans herself. Also, wher did they find this wing titan? Is it from Eren's spawn of titans?

Aggregator gang
Eh kinda lame they ended up making Falco the first BIRD TITAN, especially If we keep in mind he got the Jaw Titan and not the beast titan. I wonder what exactly makes those little changes happen between generations other than physical appearance.

I do kinda agree is pretty bullshit everyone didn't die 2 seconds into the titan shit but... I don't know, some contrived explanation??? They looked and attacked instead of only attacking? Idk

The best parts were definitely the confirmation (?) that Ymir did indeed release the fucking pigs. And Armin getting trapped in a hentai manga... Again.

@A-tan That's most likely due to Falco ingesting some of Zeke's spinal fluid back then letting some Beast titan trait carry over to Jaw titan.

Dex-chan lover
so we have somewhat intelligent past titans fighting against some humands with limited resources and they still are able to pull this off? well, tbh i stopped wondering about all those plot devices long ago, around the time of the time skip but this is still janky. i hope the series actually ends at some point, else i could see them pull off another higher next gen endboss they need to defeat in future.. :/

I assume you are all watching the final season, so my question is why it aired before the manga ended? Should i watch it or wait

Dex-chan lover
@Ferfun I assume so that nobody leaks the ending to anime watchers just yet.

Though apparently the author has been leaving hints everywhere about what he envisions the ending to be.

There is also supposedly an AOT museum in Japan that spoils AOT ending somewhat, where its just a dark room where a certain sound clip is played that spoils something in the ending.

Considering the amount of time it takes for chapter to come out and the events taking place, the anime might catch-up to the manga for the finale. But that's a stretch and speculation.

Dex-chan lover
@Eitu That's Falco, and yeah I think it was an overall pun on his name being that of a bird.

Users who are viewing this thread