Shingeki no Kyojin - Vol. 34 Ch. 138 - A Long Dream

Double-page supporter
@Paralleluniverse I think you are misunderstanding her character big time because all you thought she was about was being "badass".

She always loved Eren. Her motivations all revolved around Eren. It's always been that way. Her enlisting into the military? Eren (or to be more specific, so she could protect him in case the need arises but it was always about staying by his side. Heck she was willing to give up on that If he couldn't make it). Her fighting nail and tooth against titans?? All Eren.

She, unlike Eren, never really changed. What you say was "lost" wasn't really: Mikasa was pretty calm and collected... Until it involved Eren. Then she would get emotional and irrational. We had so many instances of this on the first arcs, I'm surprised you can even call her "strict and logical". Is no wonder she would be so rattled when the center of her affections starts to do some seriously dangerous shit, to the point people around her are starting to wonder if they should kill him for endangering their island. Add to that Eren was purposely leaving them in the dark so they could muster up the courage to kill him and end the eldian curse.

Anyways, Mikasa never got a lot of substance. Sorry to say, but she is always been like this and she finally gets some closure or conclusion to her arc (by having to let go of the person she loves, that is destroying the world). Sure, maybe she could had some more going for her but If Isayama never bothered then is probably because that was all she was meant to be: A girl in love in a cruel world.

- Hey, I heard that Eren and Mikasa finally kiss in the newest chapter. I've only watched the anime and don't want to get spoiled so could you just show me the panel?
- Sure.
- 😶

How did Levi know that the other people were turning into titan and pull the crew out of there?

Fed-Kun's army
Darn. I'm not ready for the empty feeling that follows after finishing a really good manga. I'm gonna miss this.

Damn

I've been reading this ever since a friend of mine translated the raws for me in highschool back in 2010
That friend died right after christmas that year.
I started learning Japanese in his memory.
It's been almost 11 years for me.
Fuck, I got something in my eye.

Cheers, brother, our long awaited finale is nearing.

It has been a pleasure Isayama, and I can't wait to find out how you plan on ending this series. (You did my boy Eren wrong if it is going to just end like this)

Call me sadistic but I know I am not the only one who chuckled once all the Eldians turned into titans. Great ending for those bastards who turned on Eren... especially Gabi!!! Glad to see her go and Reiner, I hope he does not make it (Jean didn't deserve an ending like that tho, that man was solid from beginning to end!!!) I am a little disappointed, but not sure if that is because the series I have grown to love/hate is ending or just how it is ending. Kinda both, I really wanted Eren to be able to chill with his peeps for his last few years he is alive, I am glad ErenxMikasa is canon but what about Historia? I am kinda confused but next chapter should tie up everything, hopefully.

As far as next chapter I would much rather Mikasa's dream than the ending I am thinking of. True Love's Kiss better save this mf Eren

To the folks upset with the fans that supported Eren until the end... eat shit losers. Eren is the best boy!!! Sasha was the best girl, RIP!!! I hope Gabi does not come back from this

@whitehalo127

Falco doesn't have that power, reread the chapter bro! It was obviously the titan centipede that transformed all Eldians. Someone wasn't paying close enough attention, shiit someone even says it in the chapter so how did you get Falco did that?

Dex-chan lover
@Eitu there's this line on the scene: "This is the same as they did in Ragako village..." which is turning people into Titans...

@ A31D31N it’s respect like yours that make me love the communities, cheers to you mate. You are the best.

I FKING hate isayama 😑😑, IDK what will happen next chapter but I seriously need a future not this Carnage.
So many of these characters deserve to live a better life not this 😑

@A-tan Did I mention her being "bad ass"? no, but I did mention that she got flaws and what did isayama do? literally nothing throughout the series she was left out. Agree that her character revolves around eren and family theme, but even in the beginning in the very first arc it was hinted that she can move on, she can grow, in FT arc she is starting to get it, she knows that the world is cruel but what happened? isayama left it all out. Even in rumbling arc where she is not with eren isayama did nothing to her development, it could have been slow burn development of it but no it just took 1 chapter for her "development" in that dream and turn her into this crazy delusional, the end, every other character got big or even decent development even flegel reeves got his own, just thinking about it blows my mind. Maybe you don't see her substance but other people do, she got potential but isayama just left her, that's why I can say isayama did her dirty big time.

ps. Im not mad at you its just me ranting sorry.

This is it. This is how it all ends. I hoped it wouldn't have to come to this, but that was coming.

PapaTengri, tell me you're doing 139 too.

So what is left of humanity after all this carnage?
Only paradis island right? So Eren basicly made what they thought is real (only them alive on the world) a reality

Dex-chan lover
Missed opportunity for an "Annie, are you okay!?" They better remedy that in the anime.
Man, it's been a while since I've read something with such a dismal ending. I'm not really processing all of these deaths. I'm just glad Sasha's been avenged... somewhat. Though I wouldn't put it past Isayama to write in one last plot device that removes the "curse" of the Eldians and leads to Gabi living a happily ever after.

Users who are viewing this thread