Shinigami ni Sodaterareta Shoujo wa Shikkoku no Tsurugi wo Mune ni Idaku - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
3000 CAVALRY
3000 MEN
3000 HORSES
That's a lot for someone who just joined the kingdom. And she didn't recruit them herself - they were assigned to her.
Her achievements so far were defeat a renowned warrior, retake an abandoned castle from bandits, and kill some spies.
Doesn't sound a lot and btw, am I seeing this right - it's a kingdom where the entire military might is under the king?

Dex-chan lover
@Nep
I don't think that's true. Personally I don't see the story will ever divert from the war. The story started with the war, tells about the war, and will likely end soon after the war.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@PotatoZero Thats not what I mean by you are "not supposed to get invested in the war".

What I mean is you are not supposed to look at it like "Oh, the enemy is evil. Protect my family. Oh, partriotism" kind of "invested". This is supposed to be the "brain dead soldier" kind of "invested". The "fights a war just because you happen to be conscripted/want to live while deep down you personally don't care either way".

Take Claudia for example. She is actual nobility, participating for honor or w/e, protect her 'family' who is also participating, etc. She is invested because of actual reasons beyond herself. Even if she is forced to be a spectator like us, she would want the Kingdom to win.

Then there is Ashton and Olivia. Ashton was a conscripted soldier so he fights to survive. Later chapters he would claim that he wouldn't be serving in the army if he had the choice. As for Olivia, she is mostly looking for Zed who is a Death God, believing that killing more people would please him. It didn't really matter who she fought for. As for her more immediate reasons, she is fighting to eat cakes. Make them spectators and they'd be eating popcorns without a care in the world.

This is Olivia's story. We are not supposed to be 'invested' in the war like Claudia. Its a story where we watch Olivia's antics regardless of the outcome of the war. In fact, there are already a few series where the war itself had no real conclusion, with the story ending right after the MC's death/exploits. This is that kind of story.

Related examples
The Girl Who Bore the Flame Ring
The Girl Who Ate the Death God
Katahane no Riku

I'm loving this "cheerful" scenery then later on will be immense bloodshed 😆

Dex-chan lover
@Nep
Yes, I am aware of such stories, but in such stories what's not invested in the settings are invested in the characters/characterisation.
Personally this manga gave us too much information about the war that is not relevant to the characters for me to just consider the war as a part of the background noise.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@PotatoZero Those details are meant to flesh out the other characters and give the rest of the world "life". Its not to make us invested in the war. Even the stories I used as an example has a little bit of politics, policy, etc all scattered here and there to explain the flow of the war and set the next stage. That way, villains are also more than just Poor-Samuel-Who-Got-Butchered-In-Chapter-1.

Nah, he probably deserved it.

Dex-chan lover
@Nep
Yes, a little bit to flesh out the world. But in this story I have more information about the war than the MC, and that information of the MC was already given almost fully by the title.

the vice captain with be suprised and mentally scared for life when she sees how oliva fights

I was flicking through the first pages and said
"Screw old men! Let's watch cute anime highschool girls make a bloodbath."

Fed-Kun's army
As we all know from computer games, spamming useless dance/trick moves whenever is very important!

Supporter
I am very much looking forward to Olivia going whoopsie-daisy-beheady over at Fort Casper.

Double-page supporter
What a stupid fool, that imperial general, George.

Fed-Kun's army
YOU WANT TO FIGHT WITH WEAPONS? WHAT ARE YOU, A COWARD? TAKE THIS FISTFUL OF SOGGY PASTA AND SLAY YOUR ENEMIES IN THE NUDE LIKE A REAL MAN.

Users who are viewing this thread