Shinju no Nectar - Vol. 11 Ch. 44 - The Mask Drops

@alacaelum
You spoke my mind, pretty much. This arc has been dragged on for 14 months now.... and it's probably the low point of the series.
However, the whole thing is not all bad, as the worldbuilding is top tier as usual. And we get to see the protag as Kai and not Grey, which is a refreshing change. Furthermore, the author sidelined the other girls so that the new girl gets a chance to shine, which is nice.

Dex-chan lover
@JaffaOrange
step 1: sneak in
step 2: find some tiddies
step 3: succ
or at least that was what I figure the plan was since all the girls were inside the fortress and tiddies are usually how things are solved here
would have been nice if Ms. Ice Tiddies had mentioned that she had the boob juice before they went in

@shusi95
seems like it
though I assume once he has collected the 7 dragon boobs infinity boobs he will be able to save the world
or they will eventually stop introducing new girls
at which point I figure the story will switch from being about stopping Dhala's secret plots and instead about pushing back Dhala as a country

Dex-chan lover
@Astronema Thank you, at this point, my only wish is that we don't get too stuck up on the bad development and can still enjoy this. And i feel this won't be happening again, my impression is that the author did learn with the derailing of Seikon no Qwaser ending, but you cant always be on point and like you said there was some pretty interesting development of Kai as a character and some fun points in this arc.

Dex-chan lover
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

how idiotic. this whole arc was dumb. and though i wish it were sakura who rushed to kai's side, this is fine too.

Fed-Kun's army
@alacaelum
Ok, this was strange, it is obvious that she is a pawn a teenager girl couldn't plot all this shit alone but this abrupt "oh she is being manipulated, she good" was really out of left field, there is NO BUILD UP to this all that was hinted is that she IS crazy. And truth be told all the other little reveals got trashed by this, Noel being an ambrosia carrier was obvious too that she would need to give it to Kai OBVIOUS and all but this development here was horrible.
Ironically, I got the opposite impression: that it was a clever twist that salvaged (in part) some prior senselessness.

Apart from the usual (dragged plot, arc overstaying its welcome, etc.), one of the main points of discussion in the latest chapters has been the rebellion, its goal and its demands. Of course they were being just pawns, but as Kai and Noel pointed out here, even as a fake revolt the demands sounded absurd and the modus operandi looked self-defeating. Why? Because they were. The revolt was deliberately dumbed down so that the students look like unhinged radicals and the queen and the prince like statespeople. And only the leader could do that.

As Astronema said, the series' main strenght so far has been tiddies worldbuilding. The revolt made me doubt for a time the author's grasp on Albion's politics, but this revelation, clumsy as it may be, assuaged those fears. For now, that's enough for me. Now looking forward to Kai's new form!

Dex-chan lover
The girl is still disgusting, are we supposed to feel sorry for her?
Also, of course the other girl is an ambrosia carrier, who saw that coming?

As much as the plan makes sense in terms of it being staged to make the royals look bad, the biggest problem is why would we give a f*** about Celes? The story really falls apart there. We only see her be horrible. Like really horrible. Even if she was a pawn who didn't want to do this stuff, I think it would have been better to get hints for that. Instead it's just some twist reveal that doesn't make sense. At least from what I remember. Richard comes off as some lovelorn puppy and the entire thing is too convenient in the end. Richard killing Celes would have been much better. Instead we get some jealous psycho doing it. A prick I don't love to hate, just hate that he's there.

The biggest problem with the arc is the problem any infiltration arc has. It overstayed its welcome. Rubian should have been revealed sooner in my opinion, but maybe not to Kai and the others. She was already obviously Rubian. Things that could have been done without are probably a lot of the sex scenes with the cult members and other pointless stuff though that's the series' appeal. I'm not disappointed in the arc, but it was messy. I'm happy to see a new god form and get the arc closed. Richard and some of the new and old characters have been really good too.

Dex-chan lover
@amamiya426
Lmao idk why you think that.
She just has her name as Noel because she's undercover.
If she didn't change her name people should be after her.

Shes just saying that shes going to stop being undercover and be the princess that she is in order to save Kai.

No alter ego present.

Dex-chan lover
u know i was honestly happy when they tricked us by making us think that the nurse was the mask lady, the 1st time we saw the nurse everyone including me where like : ''Yep!, shes the crazy chick, it makes sense coz shes a nurse so she can give the blood to students without being suspicious''
So when this chick revealed herself and the nurse was innocent i was like...nice u got me there, and i liked how she was just a crazy orgy bitch all around, so this asspull to tell us thats she has good inside feels like bs, its fitting that the incel toyboy tries to kill her, and since hes going rrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, he will probably lower the door and cause and all out battle, coz hes in stupid mode atm

the part about the new girl having titty essence was also very obvious, now the only question is if she will join the party or just left like the mermaid girl

overall this arc has been the low point of the series, i sitll love the world and characters but this has dragged out for almost a year or close to that right?, in a monthly manga a bad arc really fucking hurts, hopefully we ae near the end of this one, maybe 2 max 3 chapters left right?, anyway thks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
Honestly prefer celes just being evil for evils’ sake and not being forced to be evil.

Users who are viewing this thread