Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

3rd panel in 4th page, same energy
D-Ew3dbX4AMcJQk.jpg

Double-page supporter
@Qwertzy Agreed. Even if you look at the biggest rags to riches stories of people making their own way in life through intense effort, even they will have a moment in their life where the stars aligned and some really big break happened that helped them reach a height they previously could not. That is not to discount the effort they put in, but luck is definitely an important factor in success as well.

Thank you for the chapter.
I am slightly disappointed in the author, this chapter felt a bit too ridiculous.

Fed-Kun's army
@Finalegend
Because you read these style stories expecting mc to be a shonen protagonist who gets his shit pushed in but never truly looses.

Kind of got sick of reading story after story where 'ok, these are the main characters, ok, they will never die, they will never loose, they will keep living till ratings go bad, then shit may happen and then an axed ending, roll credits'

with isekai, you start with either god protagonist or damn near, so the story is never about will they win, no shit they will, the story from that point becomes how they live, which when you dump powers on a relatively normal person is interesting. if you are reading this genre, isekai, expecting the mc to limp passed 'hard' battle after hard battle, never really being a driving force in the story till the end, you are reading the wrong genre and are reading the genre wrong to begin with.

the video game mechanics means we don't spend 20+ chapters of world building, anyone who played a fantasy games is able to understand the setting clearly without more input, and from there the 'what makes this different' gets explained.

Dex-chan lover
@alidan Among all the stories you've read, can you say, with confidence, that the actions or the thoughts of the protagonist of this manga are interesting?
I know the allure should be elsewhere, I just can't find it here. Not right now at least.

Stories have never been about the "what" in the first place, it's all about the "how" and it's not working for me atm.
Would you consider suggesting this manga to your friends? What words would you use to convince them? I'm not provoking you, I'm honestly curious.

Double-page supporter
"Skill Evolution".

Let's you overcome what you're faced with.

Plot armor as a skill.

Fed-Kun's army
@Finalegend
I read the wn/ln of it, not sure which it is, and yea I like it alot, though I caught up with it and didn't keep checking for updates.
Like I said, don't read power fantasy isekai wanting to see the mc challenged, read them because of what they do with the power/how they overcome the obstacles without relying on it.

this is from a bit further ahead from whatever verserion I was reading
There are a few students who weren't shit to mc, but if I remember right none of them were in his class, so he got dicked. at the school, he runs into them and finds out they were given a slavery band, and at that moment worldwide every monster tried to get as far away from mc as possible.

In the next chapter or two you will get another thing I found funny.
the way I see this, I find enough of it funny, I find the absurd situations funny and the story is easy enough to read that I don't have to think to hard/its a fast read. I wont put this on a pedestal and say its the best, but I do enjoy it.

and how would I suggest it to friends... "So there is this fat fuck who no one likes, life shits on him so he nearly kills himself on a paleo diet, decides that a monkie is fine too and kills the grim reaper because the douche took away his HMV, He later encounters an amazon and a really fine ass, with guest appearances by ************... so read it, I thought it was funny"
It's a bit of a game in my circle to retell the story without 'lying' but in the dumbest way possible.
Shockingly we tend to find the dumber you can make the story sound, the better the story tends to be.

Fed-Kun's army
@Finalegend ln/wn to manga is almost always 50/50 with me, some things I like far more in the manga, some things I like more in the ln, and it was long enough ago that fine details are kind of missed on me.

overall, most manga based on ln/wn need the text version for context due to skipping over or simplifying things for manga which tends to cause issues.

im doing a quick skim, I think that the manga fast tracked the selling point, i.e. the gorilla waifu, and also did the story out of order for the first 2 chapters just so they could start on a more action note, i'm fairly sure that till the skeleton was a bit more drawn out in the (ill just call it ln regardless) ln, I also think that there was a bit more to the story of him, going forward I think it felt a bit less 'lets get to the next destination already'. as for the donkey part, I was losing my shit reading that, I cant 100% remember how I thought of it, but I think it was more or less 'this is exactly how I pictured it' now where we are today, its been a few years since I read the story even when the manga started, translations were... slow for what I would say is a very short and given the style of writing, simple, story, so I didn't bother keeping up on a chapter to chapter basis, granted I should sit and plow the rest, so I don't remember the dual, but I do remember him putting 2 and 2 together and again, laughing my ass off at the ridiculousness of the situation at hand.

overall, the manga is letting me see what I was envisioning in my head, and its not actively pissing me off the way some ln to manga's go, I would say its doing better then somewhere it's very obvious that shit is getting skipped over, most of what's skipped is flavor text that makes the story more engaging, but wouldn't translate to a manga unless you slowed the pacing down. I consider 'Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu' to be somewhat of a gold standard, and this isnt that, but its not unreadable/painful without prior ln knowledge.

kind of a rambly answer I know but its a bit more complicated than a smile 'it's better than I normally expect'

Jesus this chapter sucked. I guess in the end, this is another isekai where the guy becomes ridiculously powerful in no time at all. Jesus man. I guess I'll keep reading, but everyone, set your expectations low.

I thought the kingf was the bad guy since he wants to wage war with the demons, or is that another kingdom?

Double-page supporter
Honestly I wasn't expecting such a funny development of a disciple. But MC knows no swordsmanship! He's a mage lol. I don't even know where the sword skills came from

Double-page supporter
@UnknownSaint111 His sword skills came from the noble of darkness that he defeated to protect the gorilla. That noble was, after all, a lvl1500 swordsman.

@zh3tigerrr Yes, they are two different states. The assassin is from the state that the 'bad king' comes from. And he's an emperor, of an empire, not a king of a kingdom. It's Kaiser Empire.

@YuSwag Yeah, but with Overlord that was written well enough to where it's still an enjoyable manga. This, however, doesn't seem to be as good. It just looks like it's gonna be a harem isekai, which is the worst kind of way to start off an isekai. Most isekai have a harem somewhere in it, but starting it off with just that intent muddies the story, and makes it worse.

@ThirtyDigit

"Yeah, but with Overlord that was written well enough to where it's still an enjoyable manga."

I dunno about that, lol.

In any case, I wasn't saying that this is by any means good at all, just that standards have fallen so far that things like NGNL and Overlord are considered "good," which is a damn shame. Most isekai range from mediocre to appallingly bad, and overpowered main characters are just one of many flaws these series suffer from.

Users who are viewing this thread