Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan - Ch. 48 - Gallete

Fed-Kun's army
@Le_Flemard Ok, thank you. We do something similar to the first one you mention, around here (south-west of where you are) with a dish not much different from crepes, but i am not sure about how traditional it is. I will investigate further. What i am sure it is traditional around here it is to mix the batter with pig's blood and sugar, with rye and wheat flour, or just that batter and honey on top.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, does the teacher have THAT little faith that her students won't serve spoiled food?

@AstraLuna I don’t think it’s that as it is a general rule for all the classes. To be fair it’s a fair concern to have especially since none of the kids are actual chefs.

Dex-chan lover
The teacher seemed so bitchy until I realized she's saying "no this no that" based on the guidebook she's reading, and she's not just pulling it out of thin air (the book says "culture festival requirements")

Dex-chan lover
@Chet31
It's a real thing over there, especially if it's a private school (which I assume our lil sis is attending). Unless you have experience serving food, they usually are strict with those kinds of thing. Part of the reason is the school doesn't want to be held responsible if any food poisoning happens.

Aggregator gang
In certain countries you have to avoid raw vegetables, but that's because they are rinsed with contaminated water. Not sure about Japan, but i like to think they have proper water filtration plants

Double-page supporter
IMG_20241007_045822.png

am i the only one that saw this?

Users who are viewing this thread