Shinmai Shimai no Futari Gohan - Ch. 48 - Gallete

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else think Shinoda's smile on the last page is kind of wistful? Like she's thinking, "Okay, now everyone knows how great she is ... and I don't know how to feel about that."

Dex-chan lover
Most or all of the concerns about spoilage are eliminated by securing use of the home-economics facilities. But, whatever.

Dex-chan lover
@Darkenning
I don't really see it that way, her smile looks genuine to me. Maybe genuine is the wrong term, but it doesn't look pained.
This series has done the "I don't want to lose her" thing before at the end of chapter 26 and the tone here feels markedly different.

Dex-chan lover
Breton from Brittany here. Just a warning for any people visiting France:
Like a lot of food (and one landmark), crêpes's origina is debated to be either from Brittany or Normandy.
You won't get into any troubles if you think one or the other, but it can get pretty heated debates sometimes.

Fed-Kun's army
I can see Sachi with a camera on the classroom if she were allowed to go.

By the way, does anyone had issues with posting on Yuri-ism's comments section without login. It has been fine till now but it no longer works.

@Le_Flemard Thank you for the info. I think it is probably in both places, as no invention (be it machine or food) was made only in a single place and even the most famous where made around the same time by several persons in different areas of the world and are only known because of the person who registered or patented first, or made it commercially or popular.

By the way, could you also tell us if traditionally, the galettes have a similar filling as described on page 25? If your grandmother were to make them. I am not interested on whats on restaurants there, which is usually the version for tourists.

@Oeconomist cannot expect some kids to know everything about it much less to give it the importance and seriousness it has. Even professionals need certifications. Do it on home and there will be a few cases, do it on an event and you can have a hundred on the hospital: it is too much of a risk, even if they could place a teacher with each group.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo

It isn't as if everyone in the class will be preparing the food; to the extent that negligence (from ignorance or otherwise) on the part of the students represents a plausible problem, it isn't removed by the peculiar restrictions imposed. And home-economics classes routinely give away the products of their efforts, using eggs and so forth.

If the local authorities will (with routine inconsistency) involve themselves in a temporary café even while turning a blind eye to students giving-away what they prepared in class, then that's an institutional issue. But many restaurants have no member of staff who is certified in food preparation, let alone restaurants' having only those certified involved in such preparation. It is usually just the facility itself that is certified.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo
Well, the traditional way we do at my home is with ham, cheese, a bit of butter and an egg yolk.
But the best way to do it imo is galette-saucisse ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galette-saucisse )
If you go to crêperies (crêpes restaurant), I can recommend the flambé method too.

Dex-chan lover
... Wait what? Food poisoning from vegetables? You have to be THE MOST negligible person in history to even have a chance of getting food poison from veggies. Especially when having access to proper facilities like the Home EC room. Feels more like bureaucracy from the school then anything else. Even the NFA/Whatever you equivalent of that is, would allow you to do so with proper supervision, aka don't serve moldy stuff, rinse thoroughly, clean the cutting board between different items and proper storage. Like they have to do while preparing the mushrooms and roasted veggies. Or just author doing dumb shit for story reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread