Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man - Vol. 10 Ch. 44 - Rolling Stone

Dex-chan lover
God More Shiori Experience is just what the doctor ordered. I absolutely love how Subaru is drawn. her poses and facial expressions are so dynamic they practically leap off the page.

I am still not super clear on what a "great hot chili pepper" is. Is Prince the great hot chili pepper? Is it a song they play? Did he just not remember the name right? Truly a mystery for the ages.

Osakanon Toast and Sdauf you have my deepest thanks (The whole team too I don't forget you !)
Keep going !

Double-page supporter
we're getting spoiled with all these chapters!! thank you so much!!

Dex-chan lover
man the mangaka sure knows how to make people so hateable, lets go shiori!

Double-page supporter
I say this every 3 chapters or so, but I need to say it again:

The "school" plotline of this manga is compelling, dramatic, and is way more than enough to carry this manga in terms of conflict, emotional stakes, and character development. This plotline alone would make this manga definitely one of the better mangas I've read.

The "evil psycho producer trying to create the ultimate band using murder" part has SOME potential but I feel overall detracts from the manga. I feel the author put it in to bring back Shiori's brother (Jouji?) and include more "27 Club" musicians, but right now I cringe every time I feel like the narrative is going to "waste pages" on that plotline instead of the really well crafted main plot. Maybe the author has plans for the "producer" plot to eventually take over as the main plot, and started with that vision, but I dunno.

Also, probably not related to the above, this manga is CRIMINALLY un-known.

@Blackseven I kinda agree, this is like three separate manga happening at the same time, some stuff inevitably is gonna fall to the wayside.. I don't think we even know the boss's name rn. But in fairness, we're still about 40 chapters behind the official releases. Plenty of time to develop those plotlines.

Power Uploader
BTW, before anyone points it out, yes, Dylan actually says "Play it fucking loud!", but we're going by the raws, which translated to what's in the release.

For the music neophytes, the incident in question.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xz7WfVYxok

Dex-chan lover
God I know it never would work due to all the licensing that would be required but holy FUCK I wanna see this manga as an anime so goddamn bad.

Double-page supporter
Also, for actual story discussion: I'm not SURE but I do feel the school's reaction is plausible. Generally the popular teachers and "groups" (from an American context this is usually linked to the athletic programs, typically football) are favored by the student masses, and crossing them is a great way to get yourself ostracized, or at least it was like that in my school.

Plus, from an outsider's perspective, what the Light Music Club is doing DOES look kind of scummy. Without all the information we as readers have, it definitely looks like the Light Music Club was trying to poach Mitsuoka in her weakest moment. That really IS a "heel" thing to do.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm
When they become famous will there be regret?
Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread