Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man - Vol. 15 Ch. 67 - Glocks

Dex-chan lover
I always like this manga even though i never hear the song

Dex-chan lover
With more and more musician ghosts appearing, it’s starting to feel like they’re Jojo’s Stands fighting with music (in a good way).
The author’s musical effects are cool enough to pass as special attacks. :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
Man I wish I can get into their songs but the soundscape too different for me. It's like trying to get into Pet Sounds as a zoomer

Group Leader
Wow, great job on TLing Jim's rap lyrics! Thanks so much for working on this amazing series, and for newly including SFX notes! Every chapter gives me chills it's so good <3

Dex-chan lover
This always puts me in a spell when this updates.

Wow, great job on TLing Jim's rap lyrics! Thanks so much for working on this amazing series, and for newly including SFX notes! Every chapter gives me chills it's so good <3
We're still kinda feeling out the best approach for the sfx. Part of me wants to fully replace everything because I like a challenge, but I also have a responsibility to preserve as much of the original art as possible. With music sounds specifically, the options are leave them entirely untranslated like we've done in the past, subtitle them in the gutter like we did this chapter, or fill the page with "bwing bwong bwang"-tier jibberish. Kinda no good options. This approach is at least sustainable, even if it doesn't create the same immediate impact as a full conversion. Good to hear feedback as we refine our approach, so thanks!

Dex-chan lover
really setting up for a 1vAll with Jimi Hendrix fighting against the rest of the 27 club in a musical face-off thru their reapective avatars, huh?

Dex-chan lover
Would prefer Glocks to be 3rd faction rather than joining The 27 Club though.

Jimi seems to be on the crossroad about wanting to play his own sound, but also wants Shiori to fly as herself.
While Jim and Brian seems to be more collaborative. They let Royce and Martin to create the music and they help bring life into it. Rather than just trying to revive the old glories.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh, I love this manga so much, that with even 40+ pages I read it as slowly as possible, savouring every single panel. Thank you so much for the translation, if not I would've never knew about it 🫰

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! PEAK IS HERE!
Chapter gas, thanks for the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread