Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man - Vol. 15 Ch. 68 - Cross Talk

Dex-chan lover
Wow it's been years since I am hyped this much for new release.

Thanks for the chapter and banger mu screenshot.

Dex-chan lover
Their argument here makes me think: being a “legend” by winning some contest in a music festival always seems odd to me, it’s not some sport with an Olympic games or world cup (or even an activity that’s comparable to).

Is having one epic live performance in front of a big crowd on the main stage of a gigantic music festival would be all it takes to be a “legend”? If so who cares who wins what.

Similarly, if what’s needed is to get your name out there to be a “legend” (by winning for instance) having a big band with so many other stars will only dilute every individual stars’ recognition, especially if the band doesn’t last long. People tend to mainly remember their favorite individual or the one they think to be the best.

I hope the author will clear this out eventually and also perhaps give each jackable musicians (stand users) a way to establish their own legend status (just like the real legend stands they have).

For now, I do enjoy the author’s visual representation of their performances (true rocksion, so to say :ROFLMAO: ) and it makes sense to have them “compete” so we get more of these epic visual music performances.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Their argument here makes me think, being a “legend” by winning some contest in a music festival always seems odd to me, it’s not some sport with an Olympic games or world cup (or even an activity that’s comparable to).

Is having one epic live performance in front of a big crowd on the main stage of a gigantic music festival would be all it takes to be a “legend”? If so who cares who wins what.

Similarly, if what’s needed is to get your name out there to be a “legend” (by winning for instance) having a big band with so many other stars will only dilute every individual stars’ recognition, especially if the band doesn’t last long. People tend to mainly remember their favorite individual or the one they think to be the best.

I hope the author will clear this out eventually and also perhaps give each jackable musicians (stand users) a way to establish their own legend status (just like the real legend stands).

For now, I do enjoy the author’s visual representation of their performances (true rocksion, so to say :ROFLMAO: ) and it makes sense to have them “compete” so we get more of these epic visual music performances.
I think that’s kind of the point of the Shiori side of the story, Hendrix is helping her and the band form their own sound and make their own way in the world, while the 27 club is a band made up of legends who have already proven themselves to be legends, and I feel that’s where they’ll fall apart in the end, they’ll be amazing no doubt but does it need to exist? It’s a plot made up by so,e producer obsessed with Jimi and is willing to kill folks to get the sound he wants, and is now using these figures who all died trouble lives for his own ends, sure they get to make music again, but in the end what will be the point of it?

Dex-chan lover
I think that’s kind of the point of the Shiori side of the story, Hendrix is helping her and the band form their own sound and make their own way in the world, while the 27 club is a band made up of legends who have already proven themselves to be legends, and I feel that’s where they’ll fall apart in the end, they’ll be amazing no doubt but does it need to exist? It’s a plot made up by so,e producer obsessed with Jimi and is willing to kill folks to get the sound he wants, and is now using these figures who all died trouble lives for his own ends, sure they get to make music again, but in the end what will be the point of it?
Yeah,
27 club wants the ghost musician to play directly and become another all-star legend.
Shiori Experience's Hendrix wants to help Shiori and friends to be a brand new legend on their own right.
---
tough Hendrix longing to play guitar again is shown here and there.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah,
27 club wants the ghost musician to play directly and become another all-star legend.
Shiori Experience's Hendrix wants to help Shiori and friends to be a brand new legend on their own right.
---
tough Hendrix longing to play guitar again is shown here and there.
I like how Glocks seems to be the middle ground and I hope they could stay as third faction rather than getting absorbed into Club 27.

I think right now Jimi saw he had given enough to Shiori and it should be her music from here on. But at the same time conflicted because he also still has attachment to music.

Glocks works from how the ghosts and their host want to collaborate and create something new. They don't have problem about being influenced.

Club 27 in the other hand seems to be, by design, overly relying on the ghosts. The hosts are treated as just vehicle for the ghosts to continue performing even after their death.

Dex-chan lover
When he said " I eat more chicken than any man ever seen" I felt that. I love that Morison has ghost booze he can throw. It's kinda weird to say but It feels weird that Kurt is the youngest. Honestly makes me wish they included Winehouse.
Fuck it get Tupac in here.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck it get Tupac in here.
Two years shy but it does feel like he could be an honorary member. Technically there's nothing saying ONLY members of the 27 club can be crossroads ghosts. That said the writer probably has very limited knowledge about 90s hiphop or late 2000s American music so those two are probably unlikely.

Dex-chan lover
Top text AND bottom text with that greentext at the end. A good zinger for sure. Can't wait for that electrifying next chapter where 27 Club shows their mettle.

Dex-chan lover
Lol all of them 27 in years lived but different in times died and still some are kids and others arent

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. Seeing the clash of ideologies and wills between these four is awesome. I want to see how Jimi reacts to seeing all the others, what he would have to say, and how he would feel being in the position of mentor of Shiori Experience rather than her being an avatar of his musical spirit like the 27 club or collab musicians like Glocks. Next chapter is gonna be epic.

Users who are viewing this thread