Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man - Vol. 16 Ch. 74 - Confession

Group Leader
Dang, that was hard to read T-T I always cry reading this series, but this chapter hurt. I get now why she did it. I didn't get it at first because her explanation didn't jive with her character up till this point at all, but her not wanting the kids to feel bad when she died makes a lot more sense. Dang, and how Jimi wanted to make himself the bad guy to the kids, and she told him she did it when she really made herself the bad guy ;_; shot to the heart, man. I still don't get why she had to wait until the day before the second round qualifiers (that seems a bit cruel), but I can see how hard it was on her, so maybe she just couldn't bring herself to do it earlier. I wasn't expecting this turn in the plot at all, but I trust the author and am excited to see where they take it...after my shattered heart regenerates, that is. Thanks as always for your excellent scanlation! See you next chap!

Thank you for the top quality scanlation as always! The chapter definitely hit harder than I expected, especially like how zoecohen said with her expressions not matching.
I meant to post this on an earlier chapter, but back in April, I got to go to the pop-up shop at the Shibuya Tower Records! It was great seeing the love that everyone has for this series, and it really hit me with how much this series meant to me, so please keep doing the fantastic job with your scanlations!

Als4s5q.jpeg
vjdTwKU.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, how does she not realize that SHE needs to become the legend, not Jimi?! He's already a legend! It won't work!

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, how does she not realize that SHE needs to become the legend, not Jimi?! He's already a legend! It won't work!
I think she understands, but she doesn't want to drag her students down with her if she fails. Deep irony of the 27 Club Band is that everyone is joining it to avoid being in the other 27 Club, but joining is a surefire ticket to the 27 Club anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Reading this version, the fact that she's thinking about their future too cause most of them are seniors in high school so they have to think about where they want to go... On top of her impending death it's like... She has to make them hate her so if she ends up dying, they'll just think the other band didnt have what it takes to be legends instead of them not being good enough to help her

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the top quality scanlation as always! The chapter definitely hit harder than I expected, especially like how zoecohen said with her expressions not matching.
I meant to post this on an earlier chapter, but back in April, I got to go to the pop-up shop at the Shibuya Tower Records! It was great seeing the love that everyone has for this series, and it really hit me with how much this series meant to me, so please keep doing the fantastic job with your scanlations!

Als4s5q.jpeg
vjdTwKU.jpeg
Yoooo I'm going to Japan in 2 months. I absolutely have to check it out. Do you think it'll still be there in october

Last edited:
Yoooo I'm going to Japan in 2 months. I absolutely have to check it out. Do you think it'll still be there in october
Sadly no, the pop-up shop was only going from March 25th to April 14th, but its definitely worth seeing if there are other series that you like that are doing any!

Dex-chan lover
when she said she'll sacrifice her blues for jimi, i think that meant she understood and accepted her death comes along with it.

it's also a safe choice since she was considering her students after this. they'll definitely be affected by her death even if she didn't reveal the contract to them.

It might be something I'm too Western to understand but yeah, of course Shiori is being logical. The only selfishness I see is on the kids' side who'd rather gamble their teacher's life over slowing down their career. Can't you even wait until she's coming back? Nobody is stopping you from training in the meantime and that tour they did is bound to bring them contracts, even if that means becoming a back-up band.

Hopefully, they said that because they couldn't think straight over seeing their teacher leaving but most probably not, and I'm pretty sure that's what is going to fuel their blues until they face Club 27 during the finale.

It's good drama but it's still forced.

Users who are viewing this thread