Shiori Experience: My Plain Self and an Odd Old Man - Vol. 9 Ch. 40 - Mitsuoka Neon

"I suffered like hell because I had a shitty teacher who forced me to switch instruments for the sake of winning.

Therefore, I shall become a shitty teachers who makes you suffer like hell by forcing you to switch instruments for the sake of winning."

Nah. Fuck you, lady.

Fed-Kun's army
@mikl I see it more as "playing in an orchestra isn't about anyone performer, but about the music. My ambition blinded me to that, and it cost me my place in the orchestra. So, when I saw you going down the same path as me, I decided to nip it in the bud." It's still cruel and shitty, but it isn't motivated by simple malice. Subaru's band director was right then, and Subaru is right now. Shes just being an asshole about it.

This has surprising depth for a manga so far, can't wait to see what's in store for the next chapters.

Group Leader
I can't wait for Mitsuoka to tie into the actual story. Y'know, the part where Shiori is going to die? Because there are music ghosts and Satan contracts running around? These parts are way more fun and interesting than the dead at 27 club storylines, but it's a bit hard to square them with the main story

I'm hoping that Mitsuoka gets to jam with Jimi or Cobain. Or I think Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison might have been teased? We're six volumes behind, so I'm guessing this has already all played out

Dex-chan lover
God I've waited with baited breath for more Shiori. What a brilliant way to ring in the new year. It's strange how just one chapter can recontextualize several characters for me so significantly. While Subaru's still a bitch, I honestly do hope for her success just knowing how much work she put into what she has. Honestly I really just wanna see her and Shiori Jam together.
Still the most breathtaking part of this series is the art. For a manga about music the most difficult element is obviously showing the music in a satisfying way in a purely visual way, and yet they knock it out of the part every time. Mitsuoka literally BECOMING the notation is such an eerie visual of the perfection she's supposed to embody, it's amazing.

Double-page supporter
THIS IS STORYTELLING!

This chapter was amazingly well written and beautifully drawn.

Thank you so much for this!

Happy new year.

Aggregator gang
i understand her point that sometimes the music calls for different protagonists, and that it hurts when youre not one, but goddamn, why did she have to go about it this way? being so fucking horrible to your students they have to either be the best (and have zero emotion) or get out crying, holy shit. i want subaru to fail miserably, fuck her "ideal orchestra"

thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
what a bitch haha. she sure is crushing her students souls just to relive a past that doesnt even exist

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me, but this chapter felt like it had kind of an... erotic quality to it.

Great chapter, really gave more insight in their relationship and dynamic.

Contributor
And today's song is "Love is Over", the song about the end of an adult's love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJdxbmbnwbQ

Dex-chan lover
I knew she was nuts, but the moment when your student can't show emotion when winning you really have to wonder if you f*cked up a person.
Even if she helped her, it looks more like she crippled a person emotionally.

Users who are viewing this thread