Shiota-sensei to Amai-chan

Group Leader
I haven't been scanning in the past year. I'm thinking of scanning a new chapter next weekend, but it's hard to get into the groove. But if I do, yall'll prob see it then.

Dex-chan lover
@LaDeeDah I am with you on this. If one consider the fact that the physical brain is still developing until one is 26 years old, a 16 years old girl still got 10 years of brain development. Of course character development continues the rest of the life. At this age (16 vs 29) there is a huge difference in development. She is just a kid, nothing more. Like you I am tired of this trope.

I wish that those really wanting to create manga with this trope would at least making the pupil 18 years old (last year in high school) and the teacher being newly graduated (thus 4-5 years older). It would still feel wrong (because of teacher vs student relation), but somehow less repulsive as the age difference would be OK once the pupil would graduate.

Is there a reason why in Volume 1 they kiss a few times & show a lot of physical affection yet in Volumes 2 & 3 they literally dont Kiss [Maybe Once?] or Get Physical outside of Amai's basic clinging and the occasional hand holding?

Fed-Kun's army
I am really glad seeing this one returned. I love the two characters and their interactions and the artwork sealed the deal.

Double-page supporter
@minmanga
When I think back to the kind of decisions I was making at 16 I there's no way I can be comfortable with a relation between a 16 y.o. and a 29 y.o. The real problem is the complete power imbalance that comes with one party being in a position of authority and years of experience while the other is a literal child. Besides, when she's 25, he'll be 38, there's no way it could work out in the long term.

Group Leader
@Turkeyjerkey On a similar note, my baby brother is also around Amai's age, and while he's smart in some ways, he's fucking annoying in others. And our age gap isn't even as large as the one between Amai and Sensei, so I can't even fathom how Sensei'd ever fall in love with Amai.

It's not stopping me from scanlating this though. 😃

@Turkeyjerkey
I agree with the first part of your comment, but I happen to know 3 couples who have about the same age difference (2 of them about the 20-30 y. old range) that work just fine.

....The couples are 20-30, not the age difference.

Double-page supporter
I'm sure some people could make almost any age gap work, I've seen couples that just really click with each other. Once they're both over 40, pretty much anything is fine. However, I think some people get into those kinds of age gap relationships while they're both still young, and may not anticipate the rough patch that will occur when one of them starts to get old while the other is still in the prime of their youth.

Dex-chan lover
@Turkeyjerkey I agree with you. There is so many things the couples that said "age doesn't matter in love" haven't anticipated yet. One of them is the change in body and personality. In case the woman is older, there is menopause that makes her became really grumpy. If the man is older, his stamina will decrease and he can't keep up to the younger partner. The case where age gap works is rare. I have only saw that once but cases where both went their own way I saw plenty. My father is only 5 years older than my mother and they already argue a lot with him always complain that he is old so he can't do the things my mother wants.
My aunt married someone who is 7 years younger than her. They are now living in separate places. The reason they haven't divorced yet is because their daughter is still too young. My aunt started to get older while he is still in his prime.

Users who are viewing this thread