Shiroyama and Mita-san - Ch. 100 - The Story of Going to Tokyo

Group Leader
Siiiigh - well, saw the ending coming since their dreams were coming true. Thank you for doing all 100 chapters, in under a year!

I'm gonna miss this, it really avoided a lot of cliches, or at least explicitly smacked them in the face.

Contributor
Have you read Friendless Yugami: He Does Not Have Any Friends? It's similarly about oddball people, though I'd say it has a fair amount less "romance" than this series. It's one of my favourites, and it immediately came to mind when thinking of something comparable.
Oh man I remember reading a few chapters waaay back when cause it was one of the highest rated manga on the site, maybe it’s time I actually pick it up for real :thonk:

Aggregator gang
Finallyyyy the confession! I love it bcs just how that it is. But, tbh, I expect some kiss 😚 But, knowing them, it’ll eventually.
Love the story, following from early. Thank you for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Follow the adventures of their son in Sakamoto Desu Ka. In my heart is the sequel to this story.

Supporter
Thank you so much for your work on this series. It was a fun read from start to finish and I'm gonna miss it a lot.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for working on the entire series!

Sometimes it’s just nice to have a simple and enjoyable story that’s fun to read. Also, not overstaying its welcome when the story is whole makes it much much better.

Dex-chan lover
Recommendations based on this?
I think Mochizuki Minetaro's works have a similar style of visual joke-telling. Very funny, quirky characters, and hilarious sight gags, but at times bittersweet and wholesome.

Maiwai is about a badass but airheaded teenage girl on a treasure quest. It's a little ecchi.
Chiisakobee is a 10/10 quirky people romance, based on a classic Japanese Novel. It's not ecchi. It's about a hipster son coming back home to take over his family's construction company after his parents die in a fire.

Dex-chan lover
And it's over! I loved this manga. It started as a goofy comedy with quirky characters and ended with great heart. The art was simple and a little stiff, but it brilliantly used paneling and parallel imagery to tell very economical jokes. You learn some much about the characters by seeing Shiroyama's family peering through the holes in their wall, or seeing Mita's family and their dogs behave like each other.

Just like Kusari-gama scratching at Mita's door, I will miss this story now that it's completed the journey. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL. I've never seen anyone maintaining such high quality when pumping out chapters like you guys.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for all the translations! Really loved reading this manga, it's rare to come across one that just stays so consistently strong all the way through.

Contributor
I think Mochizuki Minetaro's works have a similar style of visual joke-telling. Very funny, quirky characters, and hilarious sight gags, but at times bittersweet and wholesome.

Maiwai is about a badass but airheaded teenage girl on a treasure quest. It's a little ecchi.
Chiisakobee is a 10/10 quirky people romance, based on a classic Japanese Novel. It's not ecchi. It's about a hipster son coming back home to take over his family's construction company after his parents die in a fire.
I’ve read Chiisakobee but not the other one, it was definitely a 10/10 I’ll have to give the other one a try

Dex-chan lover
Aw didn't realize this one is ending. I thought it might based on how it began but was hoping they'd continue following the couple's lives in Tokyo. Pretty good ending, though. It's nice to get some closure like this after having read the rather unsatisfying final chapter of a certain other series that just wrapped up...

Users who are viewing this thread