Shishunki Bitter Change

Fed-Kun's army
normal day: wake up, go to school, get home, have mild suicidal thoughts, cries a while because i could never do it, reads manga /watches anime , beat , sleep, repeat.
when i find heart warming manga or anime like this: wake up, go to school ,go home, binge manga , cry , cry alot, sleep
day after i finish a heart warming manga / anime like this : wake up , cry, go to school, compare my life , go home , cry , looks for new manga / anime , beat , sleep.

Dex-chan lover
This Ending certainly is a lot more upbeat than the original Web manga was thankfully they got a happy ending instead of that downer.

Dex-chan lover
Timeskips should be forbidden man
The author straight up skipped like 5 or 6 years in total
Some of them very early which would have been the most interesting part when they have to get used to their new life but nah lets just skip all that shit and have 50 chapters worth of "Yuuta is a bitch"
He didnt even use the time skips well it just felt like they stopped existing in those skipped years
Nothing changed in that time
You could skip the chapter that told you there was a timeskip and you would never know

6*

Dex-chan lover
@Sanctuario
Yui ended up committing suicide while in the Yuuta's body and Yuuta ended up getting unhappily married to the delinquent guy in her class (forgot his name) that fell for Yuuta in Yui's body earlier and pregnant with his child

They went back to their original bodies.
There was some debate about this, but two things convinced me:
1. The alternate translation for the "boyfriend" dialogue in the finale (ch. 64) is along the lines of
You're not honest with your boyfriend
2. in the epilogue, when their kids asked to eat ramen, Yuuta suggested that they'll eat at Tachibana's.
Yuuta addressing himself as boyfriend, and even suggesting that they'll eat at Tachibana's, are both proof that he's back in his original, un-swapped body.

Aggregator gang
Just a question..

While I like body swap/genderbender stuff and what not. I ended up stopped reading this cause I heard its source has a terrible ending awhile back. That kinda made it upsetting.
One commits suicide. The other marries on ? The delinquent I think.. Least if they both committed suicide, it would bring the whole thing to an end. :/

now that its mangas complete
Do the two main character stick together ? preferably still in the switched positions? (after having had grown up in them) and continue to help each other ?

@Velsy Dunno why you would want to know without reading, but yes. The answer is yes. The manga doesn't end exactly the same way the web series did.

Aggregator gang
@Nami I want to know cause ->
When the Author ends his story in a shithouse ending, its like hes giving a fuck you to his readers. If they both commited suicide, while it would be tragic and sad yes, It least everthing came to a close between the two, it all ended. But nah, we get the fuck you ending. And thats what made me stop reading when I heard the spoilers.

So the reason I want to know, is to not WASTE my time, just to get the fuck you ending. Or a shithouse one. Obviously this is what the original author did.
But thank you for the answer :)

@Velsy I mean, everyone's time is their own to figure out how they want to spend it, but I absolutely do not agree that sad story equals bad story. I guess that most people read manga for light, escapist fluff and not heavier themes, but not everything can or should have a Disney ending. Some stories work toward and earn a more tragic ending and that is just as valid.

practically 10/10 all the way until the end which became a sudden let down. abrupt and unsatisfying ending, as if the author just lost interest

Fed-Kun's army
Fuck me the ending's pretty shit but atleast it's better than the pre-serialized one

And yeah all in all it's not that bad, at least it's pretty short to read

Dex-chan lover
It's 4:30 am as of typing and my mind doesn't want me to sleep yet.
10/10 a masterpiece.

well that was fun.
kind of weird that they fell in love with each other though... imagine falling in love with your own face...

this was probably one of the first manga i read on mangadex, i came back to this manga to read the last few chapters/extras that were updated and im kinda disappointed with the end fff. its still a super lovely manga, id totally recommend to anyone interested in this sort of genre.

Users who are viewing this thread