Shiyakusho - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Even if I return to life

I've been waiting for someone to pick this up since I read the first chapter over a year ago. Thank you so much for translating!

Contributor
@breizh
They were plotting to kill the chief because he doesn't really care about the employees' well-being (no insurance, high risk low pay, ...). The plan was that Roku-san (old guy) had to "accidentally" drop that metal sheet on the chief to kill him. But Ryouko who didn't know anything about it, saved the chief and died as a result.
Roku-san volunteered to do it because he's the oldest (didn't have a lot to live for, so even if he gets some big sentence, it wouldn't really matter anymore because he'll probably die from old age within a few years).

The whole group probably never wished to involve Ryouko-chan because she really likes the chief (cuz he saved him and all), but she became the number one victim instead.

The Japanese kept it semi-ambiguous so I translated it like that too.

Dex-chan lover
@pika Oh thanks, I had no idea that it wasn’t an accident. It’s pretty confusing.

Thanks for picking this up! I feel bad for the girl, Hope she finished her form on time. I didn't understand what the other employees are talking about until I got into this comment section. Poor ryouko, really

Dex-chan lover
damn I didn't pick up on intentional desire for the employees to kill him at all first time I read it. Wow

Dex-chan lover
While I got that they wanted to kill him,no matter how much you hate someone...why? Do they gain some insurance or something? like fuck off

Supporter
Now that I reread this, this chapter somehow stands out more than the rest. It's definitely weird how they plan to kill him instead of just quitting. Even if he was a bad boss, and the work conditions were harsh, he's not holding anyone hostage or threatening anyone to stay at work, so why not just quit... Sometimes I want the backstory to be developed more but oh well...

Syf

Double-page supporter
Now that I reread this, this chapter somehow stands out more than the rest. It's definitely weird how they plan to kill him instead of just quitting. Even if he was a bad boss, and the work conditions were harsh, he's not holding anyone hostage or threatening anyone to stay at work, so why not just quit... Sometimes I want the backstory to be developed more but oh well...
Same, i am rereading this as well with how there's a new chapter, but to answer your question, I would like to think that there might be some sort of an exploit whereby considering the unethical business practices that had always been done, if the boss death is due to an accident, the ownership of the business could be passed to any of them.

Considering how they all got nowhere to go, with the set of skills and experience they have, grouping up together and getting ownership of a business without having to go with all the complicated stuff of setting up a new business was technically their only option

Edit: i completely forgot that he have a wife so that possibility might not be plausible, well maybe if they could convince her, someone else in the comments, Iexy brought up about insurance, his wife would've definitely gotten the insurance instead of them, yeah this whole scenario is weird but eh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread