Shokugeki no Soma

one-shot everyone? i'd like to read it, since i'm not really into the original series ending.

Ending is shit.
Was tuned in for this manga at the beginning but the exciting from the cooking from the first half suddenly went down.

Contributor
Preserving for future generations:

7530.jpg

y_l

So much potential for the story, plot, characters and world building. The last arc and ending completely went apeshit like Prison School

What the hell happened? That final arc felt so rushed and underwhelming that they should have just ended before it. What a waste of a great series.

Dex-chan lover
its amazing how quickly an above average cooking manga can become pure utter sh*t with the introduction of just one small aspect and the complete removal of one major aspect.
they introduced f*cking food super powers and completely took out any actual cooking. replaced all food types and left only seafood. and the worst change of all was the foodgasms went from being females and males to being strictly males with maybe 1 decent female foodgasm in like a 100 chapters.
if you got hooked on the first chapter because of the way the food looked and the extreme reaction that the characters had known as a foodgasm, i suggest you just stop right there and think of it as a oneshot. the food will become mainly seafood and the foodgasms will become just downright disturbing, and i don't mean sexy i mean hairy men disturbing.

LMAO, I just jumped from early chapters (60) to the last chapters after however much time has passed and first thing I see is Soma saying ("even though it triggered the stripping and bursting technique").
LOL what the Fuck went on on this Manga.
Good I didn't follow I guess.

Double-page supporter
The real tragedy is that Tosh sacrificed his time and talent on this utter garbage rather than making more amazing hentai.

it's good and fun when it was still about cooking kinda sport where mc just fought with rival and stuff.

it's turned shit when they decided to go with good guys (soma) vs bad guys (azami cs)
then light and dark where the aspect of cooking technique doesn't even make sense anymore. and the dark chefs doesn't even seems like chefs, they look like clowns

To put it simply, it should have stayed as a lighthearted manga instead of going all hardcore with different factions and all that shite

Well i just read up to the regiment de cuisine and i had the feeling it was gonna be downhill from there. Comments make me glad i quit. Just clicked on last episode out of sheer curiosity

honestly? the story is a solid 8, maybe an 8.5. To be honest, I stayed for the characters, and not so much the story. It was interesting to see how the characters developed as people - although sometimes the character development seemed forced or whatever, but I think this storyline was at least on the better side of the anime and manga. There was at least a clear plot like "oh souma wants to be first seat aka the very best." Though the plot did deviate from the central plot a ton, it was bearable. I'm a bit sad to see all the comments bashing the manga/anime (even if I didn't like the ecchi scenes at all, and wasn't the biggest fan of the blue arc) but you do you.
Thank you for the translations!

Erina should've gobbied Souma and then said 'that's delicious.' But besides that, SNS' original anime ended in the same season as Prison School's final episode, and thats when I started reading both manga; and now, both those manga, for some coincidental reason, ended abruptly and with some of the worst finales ever published for this medium. Bloody hell.

6/10

Users who are viewing this thread