Shokuryou Jinrui Re: Starving Re:velation - Vol. 7 Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
Agree.
Well, not really sure, why continuation was created in the first place, as story doesn't needed it, but it was enjoyable, Tsuji was cool, so it was okay.
Thanks for translation

Dex-chan lover
Only 20%? That's an amazingly low number.

And what? They died because of our viruses and bacterias?

That... They were eating humans tho'? I feel like that doesn't make sense. I'd assume they be pretty used to whatever shit we have on us. Feels rushed.... Which is also weird, because the story itself didn't really need a sequel either?

Overall, the whole thing was.... Ok. And don't think about it or it'll start getting worse.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. Of course one alien still fucking survived. Honestly though I don't see the point of this sequel but I had fun. Ending was kinda boring. They killed them because disease.

not as good as the prequel but not terrible, thanks for releasing it for us

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the final chapter.

I guess a plague carried by invaders wiping out the "native" population is both a convenient and realistic way to tie things up, if a bit underwhelming. It makes sense as the humans that did visit the outer world prior did so in hazmat gear after a clean room sanitization.

Agreed with everyone else that a lot of things were left hanging such as how geographically the human refuge was located within the rest of the world (some kind of airtight underground containment city with a false sky?). What happened to the enforcer lady with glasses? Why did Hoaki disappear? Overall, it does seem rushed despite being a long serialization sequel to another equally-long manga. Not a bad story though.

It was kind of poetic how the city Amazawa and friends lived in was basically a flipped version of the Cradle in the prequel story, and after being released the humans acted just like the aliens previously did destroying the outside world.

Anyway thanks again for the TL!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Those damn humans. The Heavenly beings showed them mercy and benevolence and this is how those filthy subhuman humans repayed them.

These mangas are always a fun ride with interesting ideas for scenes. It feels like genuinely innovative scifi (then again it might have already been done in some book I'm not aware of). I prefer the initial horror parts involving the idea of being eaten like livestock though.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm, how they ended with the heavenly beings remind me of War of the Worlds, uh, well, I really liked this series, Idk if there's gonna be another spin off or sequel thanks to that ending but still, I'm glad it finished how it did, it's good. I liked it. I'm gonna miss the mystery and drama.

Dex-chan lover
AAAH the ride never ends...

Only 20%? That's an amazingly low number.

And what? They died because of our viruses and bacterias?

That... They were eating humans tho'? I feel like that doesn't make sense. I'd assume they be pretty used to whatever shit we have on us. Feels rushed.... Which is also weird, because the story itself didn't really need a sequel either?

Overall, the whole thing was.... Ok. And don't think about it or it'll start getting worse.
Those who were eating the humans were genetically engineered for this very purpose iirc. They weren't even sapient.

Dex-chan lover
Feels like an axed finish.
"OH humans attacked then everyone got covid and died"
For a series who's main selling point is the gore, there was no big climactic showdown or one sided butchery.

I think if they did a third series it will probably end up much better on a smaller scale. Compared to the first one, the idea that there was an entire world just, hidden where creatures double human size were casually flourishing. It was weird.

Dex-chan lover
AAAH the ride never ends...

Those who were eating the humans were genetically engineered for this very purpose iirc. They weren't even sapient.
I DID say not to think about it or it started getting worse and you're making me think about it.

And that shit is even more stupid, at that point they'd be quite literally going out of their way to antagonize the humans. While at the same time claiming it is "necessary". A stupid plan for stupid reasons that would clearly lead to conflict eventually. And then they're surprised when unrest happens? And they're biologically incapable of coping with humans?

Seriously. It is stupid. The more we think about it the worse it'll get. Let's stop.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was anticlimatic and lazy. I was pretty impressed with the first ending, as it was pretty logical while being fucked up to have the protag win by losing endlessly and giving them MRSa or whatev but this.

What kind of biologal weapon those rioters had for breath for the aliens to drop like flies in the second? Ridiculous, not how common viruses work. And that timeskip and handwaved narration to going back to a status quo makes it even worse.

Starting to think I just read art clearly made to only pay the bills because there's something missing here.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all the work you've done translating this manga!

Users who are viewing this thread