"SHOPSKILL" Sae Areba, Dungeon ka Sita Sekaidemo Rakusyou da: Hakugai Sareta Shounen no Saikyou Zamaa Life

Dex-chan lover
"I don't believe in anybody because I was bullied....." another crap protagonist....

It gets worse when the author spontaneously decides that it wasn't the bullying that made him an edgelord loner loser. Instead he was all dark and moody and reading Nietzsche since he was 8 years old. I know that's sort of a spoiler. I don't care. It's such a minor thing that it doesn't reveal any of the actual plot except that the author randomly chose to retcon things for no reason.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm more aggravated by the spontaneous, nonsensical change of gears, the fact that making him such an edgelord that he was reading nihilist philosphy in elementary school was considered the better option, or the fact that no matter what he's little more than an edgelord jackass with no redeeming qualities.

I tapped out at 11 chapters because nothing changes. He's always an asshole, the only real ongoing plot thread getting attention is the psychopath principal's grandson (which is trite and tired and dumb) and his constant borderline abuse of the FMC who's done nothing to deserve his unending scorn except be present so that he has a convenient target to get all edgy on.

Dex-chan lover
[Chapter 11 - current]

Its good junk food read maybe to kill some time every week. I know anyone who is keeping up with the series knows how awful the writing is already with how the MC is presented as just another stereotypical "edgelord", that its somewhat painful reading the monologuing of his sometimes.

If anything the series has it that the artist did a pretty good job, but the most entertaining part so far about this series is the comment sections about it every chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
image.png

Dex-chan lover
They Isekaied the Sekai???

giphy.gif

Writing at 6 chapters (and made a comment account specifically for it): I'm literally just waiting for all the pretenses of the interesting premise to drop at this point

Like 'world was invaded by demons everywhere' and shop mechanic are a weirdly fun contrast, but the world doesn't seem like it's actually going to be built that way. Instead it looks like it's just going to be a way to keep the MC in a modern setting with modern ideas and customs while still benefiting from the fantasy trappings of dungeon diving; and rapidly introducing the 'totally dependent little sister who will always like the MC' character is what hits it for me

Technically you just described a Shin Megami Tensei/Persona game, but those were interactive and usually with a Silent Protagonist who is either a blank slate or arguably a good person, it's sounding like this just isn't gonna be anything that interesting or philosophical.

Aggregator gang
The author should decide what kind of story they want to write and built a foundation with the characters, setting and vibe. Weird the editors green lit it as is.

Dex-chan lover
lol, wish I did, but the newest chapters, 12~14 was just plain... horrendous. It's like it's basically a new manga w/ some premises of the old one.

That almost makes sense. Because as much as things don't really change for the characters in the first 11 chapters beyond the retcon to make the MC more edgelordy, this whole thing feels like the author is writing by the seat of their pants, with no idea of what will make the story/concept click so they just chuck stuff at the wall and then fiddle with it when it doesn't land right the first time.

I took the series off my alerts, so the only way I even know anything else is going on is when I get the odd forum alert to one of my posts about it.

I've tried to read novel. It went from bad to garbage pretty quick. So gonna skip this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Edgelord as a main Character who doesn't understand basic human emotions, yet he later on calls other people out for being a little bit bratty. Fuck this author

Supporter
Well that was one of the worst thing I read in a longue time lol, I how can you write somethings so edgy and bland at the same time it is a achievement in itself (except for the fact that you most certainly already read something that is 99% similar)

Dex-chan lover
I feel bad that such good art is wasted on a trash manga like this one. It had a nice start with a good concept like Solo Leveling, but the protagonist is trash and I hope that bully guy bully him some more, because he deserves it. Not even Shadow the Hedgehog is as edgy as this dude.

Users who are viewing this thread