Shoujo Junrei - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - Matsuno Rurika

Goddess shit still isn't healthy, but at least she got someone else to realize what a mistake they were making with their own life.

Double-page supporter
Matsuno's still young so it's good that she learned it now instead of being in her mid 30s making fun of kids that are excited about stuff!!

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Are we getting rid of this character soon please

I've had the same mental struggle as Matsuno throughout my life. I quit everything that I start, even though I liked the activities, because I felt like I would hit a peak and run out of passion/ I would never be good enough. These emotions can be very complex and stop me from trying to achieve anything. So I am wondering where Matsuno's character will go from here.

Fed-Kun's army
BRAKE. HER. WITH. YOUR. LOVE!!!

Thank you so much for the chapter <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Yes! Show this heathen the error of her ways so she can properly repent!

In all seriousness, it already was pretty obvious that this Matsuno girl was a envious little fool, but now it adds a whole new weight to it by revealing to the reader that she is someone that blames others for loving anything with a passion.

Talk about hating other people's hobbies... This girl needs some therapy so she can deal with her deep rooted feelings of insecurities.

I'm glad Aiko with her earnest devotion managed to provoke her into crying. Probably realising that the bitterness and envy she used as a shield was for naugh, Matsuno will have the opportunity to reconsider how she has been behaving up to this point, and maybe grown up as a better person.

I know that many here think that Aiko is completely nuts for being so devoted as she is to something like a mere manga series, but lets be honest, how different is her from those who follow dogmas based on old texts from ancient civilizations?
If it seems silly to us, it is for the simple fact that we understand that the notion of organizing one's whole life around a book is conceptually absurd. So, if we think it is right/acceptable for the religions and their faithful to act as a lot of them do, then Aiko's behavior isn't only something justifiable, but also legit.

The whole point of this story is the power that might be created through honest devotion, and that essentially, anything that we "worship" or "love" deeply might be classified as a religion if sufficient people worship it as such.

I predict(and the story is foreshadowing this for quite some time) that Aiko's devotion and the events that are happening on the background around her(like the strange similarities of those disasters to the manga she is so devoted to) will slowly turn her unique way of thinking into an actual religion. If a unmaginable quantity of people worships something as true, if they see Shinome sensei(I forgot her real name) as a Goddess, then it is as if she had truly reached immortality. So, I imagine that the people's devotion will start to alter reality and Shinome might actually become a Goddess in omnicience and powers.

Ah, I do ramble a lot. Pay no mind.

I appreciate your words. I love those deep stories and personally, this is one of my favorites due to its premise.
My line of work demands that I look into things as deeply as I can, so I might understand others and their troubles. Therefore, it pleases me when something with so much potential appears. I hope it has a fitting ending for its complexity.

Users who are viewing this thread