Shoujo Junrei - Vol. 3 Ch. 20 - Selfishly, I Need You

Dex-chan lover
I generally recommend trying to avoid big, life changing decisions while tired and/or upset. Mao really needed to find someone who wasn't mentally unstable to begin with though.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Mao...she did nothing wrong.

I know (well, I hope) that everything settles down and we’ll have an happy ending, but she’s lost twice the person she liked the most...and both times was the other person’s fault. Not fair

We all knew Aiko wasn't the best person, but damn. Damn, this hurts.

Mao had the right answer for her: that "goddess Shinonome" is made up of various people, which is why she seems like such a 'perfect' person. But Aiko can't accept that a perfect person doesn't exist.

Dex-chan lover
Narratively, it makes sense if this is about where Aiko meets Nao.

And I reckon Nao’s take is to go “yep, that’s me!” and we get an arc of Aiko being hurt by this and realising that if Mao had admitted to it in the first place, that would have been a lie too.

and/or we get some Mao crisis which probably stops the manga from being published for a while so we get Aiko realising that she’s personally dealt a fatal blow to her goddess.

@zips Your second suggestion is the direction I'm leaning toward but I can also see Aiko meeting with Nao, too. In the end, I think she'll need to meet with Maruyama, as well. This way, she'll get a better and more complete understanding of all the influence they both had on the creation of Shinonome Shion

Dex-chan lover
lol we’re all so used to mangas being stretched out as long as possible that we interpret any kind of plot development as a sign things are being axed and we’re not wrong

Blackpilled again

0EoM7bY.png

Users who are viewing this thread