Shoujo Junrei - Vol. 3 Ch. 21 - The End of the Weekend

Fed-Kun's army
So does Mao have some supernatural ability to cause disasters through her writing? How the hell do you predict the date of an earthquake?

I'm so confused. And sad. Every issue we stray further away from the fluff.

Dex-chan lover
AYO TF

Lmaoo Tbh I’m not a fan of the supernatural element in this manga but it does make stuff a bit spicier I guess

Dex-chan lover
My thoughts:

The editor isn't malicious, but he is very intent on milking Shinonome Shion for every gram of popularity possible. He's been insanely lucky with all the coincidental events that happened to tie into Mao's story, but it's just that. Coincidence.

However, by doing so, he's setting Mao up onto the pedestal that she hates, except this time it's on a national level as people start revering her as some prophet/god much like Aiko does. And when the fall comes, it will devastate her to the point of no return. Here's hoping Aiko realizes she's being a LIL BITCH about this so she can save Mao.

Aggregator gang
the subplot makes no sense in the context of a real-world setting, which makes me wonder if the author is intentionally writing this in a fantasy setting or if they really expect people to suspend disbelief to this extent

Dex-chan lover
I was convinced the supernatural aspect was a red herring, but it seems that's not the case... or a really, reeeeally unlikely coincidence. Like, I know that Japan has a lot of earthquakes, but it's still only 3 or 4 notable quakes a year, spread across the whole country.

Also, at this point I don't think I'd be sad if Mao didn't reconcile with either her childhood friend or her crazy fangirl.

Users who are viewing this thread