Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-San (Magazine) - Vol. 1 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Lol "love triangle", that might be the case if it weren't for the fact she has the big gay. He'd need to force an arranged marriage to even stand a chance and he still wouldn't win.

Dex-chan lover
I find it funny that people are losing it because of a situation that is not even a conflict. This literary solves the only potential conflict in the whole story - if Mizushima had feelings for Kimura, he could have been a rival. But since nothing suggest Hiyama has any feelings for him, all he can do is hinder the plot a bit. That assuming Hiyama isn't 100% gay, to begin with, which makes him a complete non-entity.

edit: I guess since Kimura is Kimura, there is also a possibility of the worst kind of conflict - the dumb one - where she'll be like "the boy I like is into that other girl, who is way better than me, so I'll just step aside and support them" or some shit like that... hate those.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah right.. now tell ur consciousness to leave! Cuz ur in love now!
🤣

Dex-chan lover
Broke: thinking Hiyama is the rival
Woke: knowing pretty boy is the rival

oh no... Mizushima-kun, youll just gonna end up broken..
but anyway, that MARRIAGE IS REALLY FRESH..LoL..
no ring, "sleeping bride", "walking away after the declaration"
really refreshing..hahaha

thank you for the update...

@smashman42

I'd lean towards more drama since all we're seeing Honoka doing is being in denial for 2 chapter now . And since it's been established that Honoka is slowly turning into a wet spaghetti she just needs to right push to realize this.

What perfect timing to finally reveal the REAL rival character of this series, Mizushima himself to make that push happen.

Dex-chan lover
when I saw the vaunted number of comments I initially debated whether I should comment since 69 comments for this series just seems right. Thank you for the chapter. For a moment there I thought Kimura had given Hiyama another yuri induced stroke but nope it was just Hiyama being a dramatic dork. Part of what makes that character so enduring. I'm getting a kick out of Mizushima since despite how much of the plot seems to revolve around him he tends to be so oblivious to it even when he's in the middle of it keeps the character an enjoyable addition even in a yuri manga simply because he's not meddling or actively doing anything to this point he's just occasionally there.
Not gonna lie though I would love to see a side chapter or something showing Kimura and Hiyama as adults just to see what their dynamic is like and not gonna lie if Hiyama doesn't use some taken-esque elope tactics with Kimura once they graduate I will be mildly disappointed.

competition just seems to get clearer and clearer for kimura. cant wait for confrontations and for them to officially date zzz. thanks for the update!

Why are people saying there's a love triangle, Hiyama and Kimura clearly like each other and Hiyama definitely does not like Mizushima. Clearly. This is just a push for Kimura to realise how she feels. Just some small tension to create opportunities, hopefully. Mizushima is probably going to be supportive

Users who are viewing this thread