Shoukan sareta Kenja wa Isekai wo Yuku - Vol. 5 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
People keep saying the hero is stupid but all he knows is what he is told. He doesn't know all the things we do. He also has no reason to distrust the people who summoned him. And here is the thing, he is doubting what he has been told but at this point he hasn't seen enough for him to change his mind about what he was told

@Manga-Titan I mean, it's dumb, but it tracks. War propaganda has been around for ages and he is from a world where people probably haven't learned to distrust authority like societies in our world do now days. What sort of education do you think a dude from a world of swords and magic received? So he's probably a bit dumb and super susceptible to lies like this.

I'm not even all that mad at him like before when I thought he was summoned from our world.

Dex-chan lover
Is that volume art in the credits page from the WN or something? It's labeled #1 but I don't recognize either of those chars, unless they're WN versions of Nathalia+Ferris.

Aggregator gang
For those saying the hero has no reason to mistrust those that summoned him, that’s nonsense beyond compare.
Differing nations always hold differing world views, that’s why there’s conflict. This guy not only comes from a different nation but also a different world. He’d be more likely to try and impose his world view than blindly adopt someone else’s.

Plus he could easily tell the demihumans aren’t some irrational evil race through his confrontation. He’s literally telling himself to just go with the flow ‘because’. So he’s an immensely stupid character.

Dex-chan lover
"WHAT, THE PERSON WHO CAME WITH ME TO THE ENEMY'S TERRITORY AS AN ALLY IS AN SPY?!"

Fucking dumbass.

Double-page supporter
So hero is completely evil? Good to know.
I really hope that this isn't some chapter to humanize hero, cause he is clearly a psychopath who should be put down.

Dex-chan lover
@Add1152000: Its more like, since the Hero is from a World that doesn't have any Demi-Humans, so that means they aren't natural beings in this Other World as well, and because "Humans" for this Other World has told him that Demi-Humans are bad, so they must be bad (because Humans are natural beings which is the main existence in the Hero's Home World).
So, here the Hero is trusting his own Species than some foreign biologically different Species (similar to how White people treated Black people as different race and exploited them; or how in the "Avatar" movie the Humans treated Naʼvi race people as below them, thus making the MC of this story similar to Jake Sully in the Avatar movie).

Dex-chan lover
The hero isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, trust but verify the information when someone summons you and intends to use you in war

Dex-chan lover
@Add1152000

though, he recognizes it so that means he's not stupid. He's willfully participating in genocide because he's benefiting from it, ignoring his own concerns and questions so he'll still have his status. It isn't his brain that's failing, it's his morals. Well, it's pretty much always a moral failing to listen to someone telling you to kill some uninvolved third party.

Fed-Kun's army
The hero’s only just starting to notice that something’s off so you can’t be too surprised that he’s still ignorant. He’s also been fed lies by the baddies and hasn’t really interacted with Demi-humans as well apart from Garrett. The whole “genocide with no questions asked” is still terrible though.

Lan

Dex-chan lover
@Thunderbrownie Verify with who exactly? You do realize he's in a country that thinks of all demi-humans as evil? Who will tell him they are normal people trying to live our their day? The only time he has seen them is when he is facing them in battle, not conducive to an actual discussion.

No seriously. How the hell do you expect him to verify?

@Lan I think a lot of people are judging him with standards of humans from our world and modern age. He's not though, he was also from a world of swords and magic. Did he ever receive a formal education? Doesn't seem like he was a noble, so probably not. Was he from a nation with monarchy set up? Where he would have learned to blindly follow the king? Anyone who has watched Game of Throne understands what that looks like. It also doesn't help that beast people were completely alien to him. I don't think he would have the skills needed to properly sift through the bull crap right away.

He's starting to now though and it is from here that I will start to judge his actions more. I think a lot of people just want to hate or like a character and not put much more thought into it.

Users who are viewing this thread