Shoukoku no Altair

Man this was so good I read through all 103 chapters in one setting, bad thing is I'm so hooked I need the newer chapters... xD

RE: 105 why turkie didn't hold to fight in the river?
RE: 106 "stretching" space is created reallly?

I hope there will be physical copies available in the future because this is insane fun.

One of best historical shounen manga. And absolutely my cup of tea.
The concept itself is very interesting, about conflict, political intrigue, status.

Mahmut is so bishi and I can't help but fell for him *lol

It's a little tough to understand because of the unconventional names but I like the storytelling and art.

Noooo I read it all in two days what do I do with my life now there aren't any more translated chapters ???

Dex-chan lover
Ottoman cannon can't melt Roman walls, 1453 was an inside job 😠😠😠

Dex-chan lover
the manga is aight but the one thing I cannot stand is the straight up terrible fucking historical research of the whole premise.

the "country" isn't Turkish in any way. It's persian. some of the names are turkish but the whole thing just smells and reeks of fucking orientalism. the author had 0 clue how the ottoman and seljuq empires worked, but decided to use turkish names for an entirely persian based setting which I just cannot fathom. the whole thing is just straight up from 1001 nights folktales.

what I wager is...the author thought to make a middle-eastern setting. decided to google some empires and found the ottomans or something. thought they were cool and decided to check up middle eastern art or pics or some shit, maybe read a folk tale or two, and decided to mash turkish names and terms together with that.

except the whole thing is as correct as making a Chinese 3 kingdoms setting with Japanese names or something. It has fuck-all to do with each other.

And the names are terrible too. "Deniz Karayolu." Author thought that meant searoad. It literally means Sea Landroad 'Cuz the author didn't research enough to realize that Karayolu is two words, Kara and Yol, being Land and Road.

As a Turk...I ain't mad..it's just horribly researched and I find it funny. The author seems to have completely confused us with ancient iranian empires like Safavids and some arabic states. This isn't our culture, it never was. The Ottomans/Seljuqs didn't have cities full of persian buildings and belly dancers on every street. Even the clothes are straight up wrong.

Both Empires' had a leading class that was heavily influenced by persian literature, but that's it. The common people are as far away from that as you can possibly be. This is so horribly miswritten it's just sad to see my people represented this way. And before y'all just go "eyy its fictional" come on man, the state is fucking called Türkiye Devleti literally meaning the Turkey State.

@assman162 that's why the manga is presented as fictional and not historical fact. There are parallels to be drawn with the real world, but we shouldn't expect it to line up with the facts properly. I think it's already commendable that the author likes these other cultures enough to incorporate some elements of them into his work.

Users who are viewing this thread