Shounen, Chotto Sabotteko?

Im so confused which update is the actual update and which is repost on my list. What's up with cat? Are they still unhappy of the quality or something or are they just tryna start something?

Fed-Kun's army
i still don't understand why there is some manga with 2 teams working on it while there is a hundreds of really good manga untranslated.

anyway thanks for the translation on this one, its a really cool read.

Dex-chan lover
@redsox02
Cat is closer to a full English translation, and squiggles have a lot of Japanese terms mixed into the interpretation. Both are okay; I've got to say I like how easy it is to read Cats translation.

@Darkmeep but is it really necessary to have two? I feel like one of the teams are doing unnecessary work now that could be targeted to another manga that actually needs translation.

Contributor
@redsox02
but is it really necessary to have two?
It is not necessary, but it is certainly welcome. But the same could be said of all scanlations, which are generally free for us to read.
The scanlators are also not beholden to readers nor each other, as there is no set of formalized legal guidelines to abide by, for obvious reasons.

However, if you know of a neglected series that you think is right up a scanlation group's alley (similar genre/plot, perhaps), then maybe recommend it to them and see what they say.

@justforthelulz but i thought mangadex has the dibs rule? Like if a group is already translating then you shouldn't really translate that work? Or am I missing something with mangadex rules(im like that stickler meeseeks >_<)

To be fair I'm just annoyed that mangas with multiple groups get posted on latest updates multiple times. I may be irrationally pointing my annoyance at CAT which I apologize for doing.

Definitely gonna head to forums about your suggestion tho!

Edit: i checked the rules and its not really specified that multiple upload from different groups are not allowed so my complain is dumb.

Contributor
@redsox02
but i thought mangadex has the dibs rule?
It's an unwritten 'rule' that isn't enforced anywhere on MangaDex.
Generally, unless the current group on a project is so far behind (several months or even years) or has notorious quality issues, there's no real point to multiple groups on the same project.

However, since very, very, very, very, very few (English) fan translations are officially sanctioned by the original authors (non-English in most cases here), there is no exclusivity agreement that only one group can work on a specific title at a time.

@justforthelulz this makes complains of sniping pointless then. Kinda glad that technically its free for all here that its not really abused so much. Yeah thanks for the info and being civil with this convo!

It's a free for all yeah, then again this is illegal so no one has the right to tell the other to stop, i guess both groups like this author works so they just keep translating even if there's another group doing it.

Dex-chan lover
shonen x onee san or we riot

sure it might be creepy af when u think about it but idc

Dex-chan lover
I get the feeling the last page with the smug face from the translators is their way of saying the coccblocc will come

Dex-chan lover
it doesnt matter if its a very unhealhty and creepy relationship, dont break shonens heart author :((((

Users who are viewing this thread