Shounen wo Kau - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Welcome home

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for bringing the whole manga to us, Daphie. You always translate the good stuff.

As for the ending, I quite liked it even if lackluster. It was very Ai like being hesitant but pushing through in the end. Seeing the small but apparent growth in Nagisa (not only changing his looks) was a nice touch, too. Felt like closure even without the happiest-ending.

As for the length and agegap- I think it worked perfectly fine the way it went. You can always drag on a manga for longer to flesh out the relationships but the author was able to work out a REALLY nice dynamic and bond between both MCs already worthy of being called fleshed out. It just works.

Dex-chan lover
I would have liked some realization from Ai about her feelings; that uncertainty from her makes me feel a little sad for Nagisa. It's nice that they're at least together, and the author didn't leave them separated because of the age gap or force them to date the spares.

7/10, good read and fantastic translation.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the hard work as always, Daphie! Really appreciate it.

As far as the ending goes, I'm more or less satisfied given the timeline we had; I can't really imagine the two of them ever becoming a super lovey-dovey couple without a ton more development, given their personalities, so Nagisa getting to confess his feelings and Ai getting confirmation of them, and the two of them getting to stay together is enough to make me happy. I think ultimately the most important thing is for them to be able to be together, regardless of the nature of their relationship. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad the series didn't go on a little longer... The two of them aside, I liked the rest of the cast too! I want to see everyone live their lives now that they're all adults!

But it is what it is. Aoi-sensei definitely seems like someone to follow from here on out (for me), I'll have to read the rest of their manga now too!

Group Leader
I had to do this.
F6guejFaMAAcdCp

Aggregator gang
Thanks for scanlating this series! I could have used a couple more chapters of their domestic life but that's the way it is I guess...

Dex-chan lover
Finally got around to reading this after being waylaid by other matters.
This was a pretty good ending for the series. It is good despite Nuwi Aoi having to defer to the cliche of having Nagisa aging to legal Adult age to have him be together with Ai; it is the (2nd) best kind of ending a age-gap romance story like this can have. I would have preferred to have had 1 more volume to cover Ai's feelings toward Nagisa and for her to have her reckoning with them, but this is a good ending regardless.

Many Thanks to you @princess_daphie, for all you have done with this chapter and this series. 👍✊🤟 You did a great job with this series after I recommended it to you a little over 2 years ago. I do hope there is an Epilogue chapter in Volume 6 & you get to translate it.

To everyone else, when I saw the title for this chapter, did anyone else think of Gunbuster?

Dex-chan lover
I think the hug resulted in no doubt for Ai... She wants to be with him romantically

Dex-chan lover
I completely forgot Ai never used to clean her room 😂

Users who are viewing this thread