Shoushaman no Isekai Survival ~ Zettai Hito to wa Tsurumanee ~ - Vol. 6 Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
The cycle of hatred, bloodshed and revenge ends when you show mercy. Or when both parties find a common goal to unite against.

I mean, it's pretty easy to say that sitting in a nice comfy chair where there's nothing and no one you care about at risk.

While I wouldn't be doing it out of anger, I probably also would have killed the guy. He's a liability to have around for the stability and safety of the town. We've already seen that the world isn't that great, and powers from a neighboring kingdom could easily use him as an agent to stir up infighting or rebellion. Especially if they give him a taste of all the luxury and power that he lost.

Even Keigo's friends see the risk he represents.

EDIT: And to be even more honest, there's nothing that indicates he's actually reformed. It just sounds like he's being patient and biding his time until he can return with more soldiers and take the town by force.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well ig it ends here, idk it feels like something is missing in the end but yeah that was a nice ride.
Thanks for the tl and see ya'll somewhere elses
3x.webp

Dex-chan lover
while it's kinda sad to see this series finished, at leats it didn't end too vague. to be fair, the plot always was kinda shallow, or just very slow and many opportunities were never, or just rarely, utilised.

thanks for the translation.
It was meant to be a slow life reincarnation manga. So yeah. =/

Dex-chan lover
EDIT: And to be even more honest, there's nothing that indicates he's actually reformed. It just sounds like he's being patient and biding his time until he can return with more soldiers and take the town by force.
That's what having faith in humanity means. That we can trust one another to be better than that and not stab each other in the back.

And yes, it is easy to say this while I'm sitting in a chair at peace, but that's why we need to be vigilant. Peace is never given freely. We must remain vigilant to maintain it. Others have fought and died to obtain it. Some are still fighting even now (see what's going on in Myanmar). It is not something one must take for granted.

Also, your profile name checks out when considering your opinion. :p

Last edited:

ssc

I don't know why people are arguing over the MC forgiving the noble using RL logic. It's a lighthearted setting and all the villains are cartoonishly evil. There's never been any serious consequences from villainy or from the adventurers fighting monsters. The previous villain lost an arm and his beloved horse got turned to stone, but he instantly reformed and got healed. Even the mohawk guy got his mohawk back. Keigo forgiving the noble was completely expected giving how the story was presented so far.

Dex-chan lover
Have sex with your wife? No
Help your enemy for no good reason like a moron? Yes

This story really fell off and went in a bad direction a while ago.

Dex-chan lover
Nice final chap, but still kind of annoying. I get not letting the guy die in front of you, I get rehabilitating him and getting him to work for you a bit. I wouldn't do either personally, but sure I can see it.

Going "oh, we've become friends" after a few days though? Screw that lmao, he threatened your wife and tried to enslave you for monetary gain. What on earth?

Dex-chan lover
Huh, that's honestly not that bad of an end. We had some closure and a resolution in our main character.

Thanks for the translation, Squiggles and Timeless Scans! It was a fun ride.

Dex-chan lover
Guess Keigo isekai power is being able to redeem anyone with a little kindness and understanding, even Heinrick, if only it was so easy in real life.

We had a good run and at least no loose ends, makes me wonder if it's possible another magazine continues it, but unlikely, cause as usual japanese readers have shitty taste and hate stories different from the usual.

How else do you explain the seeming immortality of a trash series like "Rent-a-Girlfriend" when so many more satisfying series are getting axed for low numbers???

Seeing everyone's reaction to how Keigo decided to treat the deplorable noble son makes me a bit concerned.

Don't get me wrong it's not like the Noble didn't do horrid actions to Keigo and make him go through a very stressful situation in his life but I feel like everybody's reaction to Keigo bringing the guy in is like forgiving him for what he's done isn't the right idea. Keigo never mentioned anything about forgiving the guy. The main reason why I see that he's taken him in is probably because he pities the guy and genuinely believe in giving him a chance to atone. It's not like Keigo didn't take advantage of the guy either as an extra pair of hands after taking him in.

In regards to how people are basically seeing Keigo as a pushover for this action, I'd say that's a bad way of viewing things. Keigo has a kind mindset and with this in mind it would make sense why he'd take in the Noble brat. I compare this to a moral dilemma from the game Lost Judgement that a comment brought up. The dilemma was basically would you rather leave the bully to get the killer or would you save the bully but lose the killer. If you chose to save the bully then you would share Keigo's mindset for the bully or in this case the noble to genuinely improve as a person and realize what they did was wrong. If you chose to pursue the killer then you most likely think that the bully/noble is irredeemable and can never change and will always remain the same piece of shit no matter what. There isn't a right answer but I feel that Keigo wouldn't want to have the slight regret of not giving the noble the chance to be better and just leaving him to freeze to death.

To summarize,
Keigo is just a bit too soft for his own good but it isn't like he'll completely forgive the noble for his actions. There's also the fact of how he puts the noble to work and essentially sets him up for a second chance, Keigo is probably just a believer of second chances and genuinely believes that people can be more than the mistakes they made. This shouldn't be a bad mindset to have so long as he doesn't give EVERYONE a second chance. (Plus I think that if the Noble didn't help Keigo out then he would've kicked the noble out but that's just my opinion.)

you know what ends it? killing this cunt, who's gonna avenge him? everyone hates him, even his own family has disowned him.
But then think about it like this, its a waste to kill or let someone die without letting them earn a second chance. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth and leaves me with thoughts like "should I have let him live and learn why he's wrong". I rather give them a chance to realize how wrong they are and not let them squander their potential.

Dex-chan lover
Word, thanks for the scans to this point.
This was never great, but it wasn't bad. Shame its LNbait.

If that young aristocrat was able to reverse his thinking in a couple of days, then I see the continuation.
He will "accidentally" meet the neighbor landlord very soon, who will reprogram him again, gives him some army and send to take over his land again. Those "good" mercenaries are no match to the regular army.
After that, he will rape and take away MC's wife, kill the children, while telling MC that they will be alive only if he wants to tell all his secret receipts.
PS: And that is still a good ending. Real history knows much more "interesting" stories.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nope... That last chapter killed it for me.

Not even murder-hoboing on the Noble Son.. It's just that the suger-and-spice "redemption" stuff is just ....insane...
Doesn't add to the story, even detracts from it.
The choice from MC to finally face facts and "join the world", good and bad, is utterly wasted this way.

Bad Writing 101.

Dex-chan lover
i truly hate this MC, he is just so pathetic, this man literally tried to murder your friend and enslave you and your wife and you take him in, give him food, a bath, free money and a home to live in? can anyone do anything to you to actually make you act like a normal human? if you get your wife pregnant and he kills your kid will you still offer him and drink and shake his hand? i'm just glad this is finally over, can't imagine how cucked he would become if the story kept going.
It's the herbivore MC mentality. You see Keigo was a loner on Earth but he's changed, that means everyone deserves a second chance, even the mustache twirling evil guy who was going to have you tortured in a dungeon for the rest of your life while he raped your wife. Hell this last chapter may as well be the setup for a ntr doujin.

Dex-chan lover
Well at least the ending doesn't feel rushed, but I would miss them man :meguuusad:

Thanks for the hard work guys!

Users who are viewing this thread