Show Me Your Bust - Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
I am really struggling to follow what's going on here. From what I see, the blue haired girl is just f*cking around like some college students do. She's not dating, so she's perfectly within rights.

The brown haired girl is confused with her feelings and led the blue haired girl on and what freaks out and socks the blue haired girl in the face..

So is this now set in present times? I am not sure what they're doing walking together at the end, if I was the blue haired girl, I'd cut the other girl off, she has real issues.
Maybe it's just me, but in chapter 16 there was a point when Jiho was starting to try to have sex with Woohee. And that was what made her angry, not the kiss a whatever lol, since she never gave the okay to sex. If it's just groping like usual there probably wouldn't be punch.

And man, people actually feel sorry for Jiho? She was also taking advantages on Woohee in the name of "friend" until recently, when she thinks of being serious with Yeonwoo, and she still wanted to go all the way in that last groping section lol. No decent friend would do that. Personally, I think Woohee deserves someone better. We already kind of see what person Jiho is, and even if they end up together, there is no guarantee Jiho won't find someone else to satisfy her libido.

Power Uploader
Maybe it's just me, but in chapter 16 there was a point when Jiho was starting to try to have sex with Woohee. And that was what made her angry, not the kiss a whatever lol, since she never gave the okay to sex. If it's just groping like usual there probably wouldn't be punch.

And man, people actually feel sorry for Jiho? She was also taking advantages on Woohee in the name of "friend" until recently, when she thinks of being serious with Yeonwoo, and she still wanted to go all the way in that last groping section lol. No decent friend would do that. Personally, I think Woohee deserves someone better. We already kind of see what person Jiho is, and even if they end up together, there is no guarantee Jiho won't find someone else to satisfy her libido.
Good observation and kudos for using their actual names. For those struggling with it, here’s a simple mnemonic that I use:
Yeon-woo = pinky
Ji-ho = blue (4 letters in the name/color)
Woo-hui = brown

See you all next chapter✌️

Dex-chan lover

"Friends" don't grope and kiss the other's breasts, period. And Woo-hui agreed to the whole groping thing, may I say, even encouraged it. The lowest Ji-ho kissed her, was on her stomach, that's still pretty far from "having sex" in my book.

I don't think Woo-hui was angry, she just freaked out, an ran away. Happens to the best bi-curious friends. In this chapter they act like nothing happened, so they clearly resolved it quickly.

I don't get why people expect Ji-ho to be some kind of paragon of virtues, but as far as basic decency she's fine. She's not dating Yeon-woo yet, and Yeon-woo said she isn't interested in dating, so she's not cheating on anyone. She could bang Woo-hui with a clear conscience, given the occasion.

Despite that she does feel some guilt, over fooling around with Woo-hui. (both for her and for Yeon-woo) so she decides to make this the last occasion (we'll see how long this lasts). Given that she seems to be, at least trying to keep her promises, I'm betting that next time it'll be Woo-hui again, who tempts her into groping her, like the second time.

Dex-chan lover
"Friends" don't grope and kiss the other's breasts, period. And Woo-hui agreed to the whole groping thing, may I say, even encouraged it. The lowest Ji-ho kissed her, was on her stomach, that's still pretty far from "having sex" in my book.

I don't think Woo-hui was angry, she just freaked out, an ran away. Happens to the best bi-curious friends. In this chapter they act like nothing happened, so they clearly resolved it quickly.

I don't get why people expect Ji-ho to be some kind of paragon of virtues, but as far as basic decency she's fine. She's not dating Yeon-woo yet, and Yeon-woo said she isn't interested in dating, so she's not cheating on anyone. She could bang Woo-hui with a clear conscience, given the occasion.

Despite that she does feel some guilt, over fooling around with Woo-hui. (both for her and for Yeon-woo) so she decides to make this the last occasion (we'll see how long this lasts). Given that she seems to be, at least trying to keep her promises, I'm betting that next time it'll be Woo-hui again, who tempts her into groping her, like the second time.
Read again. She was almost at Woohee's pant before a slight stop, then Woohee asked about the avoiding eyes. Don't you think it's just a coincidence, or it's a way for Woohee to distract her and turn her face on so she could punch her? It's just so happen that Jiho thought the mood was right for a kiss. Little did she know lol.

Well it seems they did resolve it quickly, but with how Woohee starts to be aware of her feeling, ready to see more drama coming.

I also don't expect Jiho to be a virtue or anything, just a decent human is fine. But the moment Yeonwoo came to the picture, Jiho had sex with her, but still wanted to maintain the beautiful "friendship" with Woohee, she has become so unlikable to me. Yeah, she ain't dating Yeonwoo yet, she isn't cheating, so she could just bang her friend even without the given consent right? Sure she did feel some guilt, but in the end it looked like her libido still won. I'm so glad Woohee was still able to think straight instead of giving in to pleasure and punch her lol.

And man, why do you make it like Woohee is the one want it? If I'm not wrong, there was only one occasion where she initiated the groping so she could comfort Jiho. Every other times, Jiho was the one asking, even pursuing Woohee. Sure, Woohee agreed with it, but I feel it's more like a mix of curiosity, couldn't say no to her "friend", and maybe her unaware feeling. So to me, about the next time, it could be a slight period of happiness between Jiho and Yeonwoo, before Jiho gets slapped back to reality and finds Woohee for comforting again lol.

Dex-chan lover
Read again. She was almost at Woohee's pant before a slight stop
Yeah, at her belly. She'd need to take her pants (and underwear) off before going any further. I'm not saying she wasn't going to go for it eventually, but she didn't even touch her butt, legs or anything below the waist.

And man, why do you make it like Woohee is the one want it?
Because she does want it. Or at least it looks like that a lot. She didn't even try to stop her, and when Ji-ho asked for some more she let her do whatever she wanted (except for the kiss). And Ji-ho kept pushing her luck exactly because of that. Any she's not a pushover she can and does say "no" to Ji-ho, so at the very least she's isn't against it. (And two out of three times she's the one who starts stripping and not letting Ji-ho backpedal: she can be assertive, when she wants to be).

For the second and third time, she mainly let Ji-ho grope her, because she's kind of jealous to Yeon-woo, and (unconsciously?) trying to compete with her for Ji-ho's attention. Especially, the third time, where she suddenly reconsiders, right after Ji-ho assures her that she's sill going to hang out with her, even if she starts dating Yeon-woo.

but still wanted to maintain the beautiful "friendship" with Woohee, she has become so unlikable to me
They are best friends, the comic is very clear about that. They chose their classes together, they call each other even at night, and they hang out together all the time. Why would Ji-ho stop seeing her very best friend just because some girl, even if she is serious about her??? Bros before hoes, man.

Ji-ho feels human, and I like that. She knows that she's pushing her luck (she gets very surprised when Woo-hui changes her mind), and she is somewhat aware that she's taking advantage of Woo-hui trying to console her, after Yeon-woo rejects her. Unlike the average manga protagonist, she isn't oblivious to everything. But of course she still fails to notice, Woo-hui's jealousy towards Yeon-woo, or anyone else's feelings that she does not see in a romantic light.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, at her belly. She'd need to take her pants (and underwear) off before going any further. I'm not saying she wasn't going to go for it eventually, but she didn't even touch her butt, legs or anything below the waist.

Because she does want it. Or at least it looks like that a lot. She didn't even try to stop her, and when Ji-ho asked for some more she let her do whatever she wanted (except for the kiss). And Ji-ho kept pushing her luck exactly because of that. Any she's not a pushover she can and does say "no" to Ji-ho, so at the very least she's isn't against it. (And two out of three times she's the one who starts stripping and not letting Ji-ho backpedal: she can be assertive, when she wants to be).

For the second and third time, she mainly let Ji-ho grope her, because she's kind of jealous to Yeon-woo, and (unconsciously?) trying to compete with her for Ji-ho's attention. Especially, the third time, where she suddenly reconsiders, right after Ji-ho assures her that she's sill going to hang out with her, even if she starts dating Yeon-woo.

They are best friends, the comic is very clear about that. They chose their classes together, they call each other even at night, and they hang out together all the time. Why would Ji-ho stop seeing her very best friend just because some girl, even if she is serious about her??? Bros before hoes, man.

Ji-ho feels human, and I like that. She knows that she's pushing her luck (she gets very surprised when Woo-hui changes her mind), and she is somewhat aware that she's taking advantage of Woo-hui trying to console her, after Yeon-woo rejects her. Unlike the average manga protagonist, she isn't oblivious to everything. But of course she still fails to notice, Woo-hui's jealousy towards Yeon-woo, or anyone else's feelings that she does not see in a romantic light.
You said that yourself. So if Woohee didn't stop her when she was at her pant, or punch her when she was about to kiss her, are we sure nothing was going to happen then? Because it didn't happen, a punch is over the top, lol? So you were on the same bed with a half-naked girl, groped her breasts, kissed her breasts and belly, almost reached her pants, and about to kiss her, and you are saying there is a chance sex weren't going to happen? Okay then.

I do agree it's hard to say Woohee was angry like your previous comment. But I also don't think she was freaking out. After all, we never see her face during and after the punch, so we don't know how she was at that time. At the very least, I think she was aware of the situation. She even compared it with Yeonwoo's in her thoughts. And that's why she reconsidered imo. She knew that if she didn't stop Jiho, things would be to do point of no turning back. Anđ she didn't want things to escalate like that. Sure, Jiho already promised it would be the last time, but if they went all the way beyond the groping, no saying it would stop after that one time. Yeah, a punch is a bit too much, but in the heat of the moment I guess Woohee could only think that far. Anyway, it's only my perspective.

And so, I could also say it's your perspective to think Woohee also wants the groping. "Or at least it looks like that a lot". Sure, she did things like you said, but we never really get her thoughts during these times, so it's all guessing for now.

And no, I'm not saying they should stop being friends. What I mean, if Jiho really likes Yeonwoo like she said, she should stop thinking and asking about groping with her "bestfriend". Instead, she lets her libido win all the time. I know the second time was Woohee's inviting, but if she had the will to decline it, she would be in a much better light. Sure, Jiho feels human, but probably not a decent human being. That's why I dislike her.

And I believe this is chapter 17's discussion thread. Think it's better to stay on topic, instead of discussing about the previous chapters.

Did you notice that Ji-ho had a strange reaction when Woo-hui's friends asked when was the last time Woo-hui dated someone? Well, what if the person she dated in the past was Ji-ho herself? (I'm referring to Chapter 3)

Dex-chan lover
People are talking about Ji-ho not breaking any rules, like there's technicalities and if you don't run afoul of the wording nobody can be mad at you. Sure, she wasn't technically going out with anybody so she wasn't technically cheating on anybody and all that.

But you don't get to be a good person by managing technicalities. Ji-ho has been basically treating an old friend like she's a tool to get off on in between screwing someone else. It's inconsiderate and disrespectful. The worst one for me was the moment when she was doing the phone sex thing with her and then sunbae showed up and she's like "Oh, gotta go, someone more important than you is here, byee!"

You can say it's "just" a failure of communication, in that if she had talked it through and everyone involved was fine with a bit of light no-emotions-attached, on-the-side messing around, that would have been fine. But that's the thing--she wasn't giving enough of a damn to bother checking any of that. And I think that's the point of the "avoiding looking me in the eyes" line--it's like, you're not treating me like a person.

Dex-chan lover
Anything with a black background is a memory and there's no black in the last panels so blue and brown seem ok again, post-punch. At least until pink arrives.
The transition is super-abrupt, but maybe their friendship is just like that? Like, one day you're picking up teeth, and the next you're discussing shake flavors. Very weird. I had to go back and reread the last couple chapters to make sure I hadn't missed something.

Dex-chan lover

Taking advantage?

Ji-ho Blue and Woo-hui Brown are close friends. Neither has shown signs of romantic interest the other (that we know of). On a few occasions, however, Ji-ho has asked Woo-hui to fool around. In doing this, she has never suggested that she might be interested in anything more.

Jo-ho has also been completely honest about her feelings for and relationship with Yeon-woo Pink. And prior to suddenly assaulting Ji-ho, Woo-hui consented to and seemed perfectly fine with Ji-ho's desire for occasional sex play. She even initiated their last boob trip.

I can't see any sense in which Ji-ho's behavior might be construed as "taking advantage". She's been as honest as she's able and hasn't leveraged anything to get what she wants. Of course, neither she nor Woo-hui fully understands their own feelings and motives, but that's the human condition in nutshell.

The problem, as in every romantic drama of this type, is that the leads are too confused and/or guarded to communicate properly. This can't be considered the fault of any particular character. Communication failure is a fundamental law of the narrative universe they inhabit.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
People are talking about Ji-ho not breaking any rules, like there's technicalities and if you don't run afoul of the wording nobody can be mad at you. Sure, she wasn't technically going out with anybody so she wasn't technically cheating on anybody and all that.

But you don't get to be a good person by managing technicalities. Ji-ho has been basically treating an old friend like she's a tool to get off on in between screwing someone else. It's inconsiderate and disrespectful. The worst one for me was the moment when she was doing the phone sex thing with her and then sunbae showed up and she's like "Oh, gotta go, someone more important than you is here, byee!"

You can say it's "just" a failure of communication, in that if she had talked it through and everyone involved was fine with a bit of light no-emotions-attached, on-the-side messing around, that would have been fine. But that's the thing--she wasn't giving enough of a damn to bother checking any of that. And I think that's the point of the "avoiding looking me in the eyes" line--it's like, you're not treating me like a person.
Okay. I disagree, but that's a fair read.

In my view, there's nothing inherently inconsiderate or disrespectful about the expression of sexual desire, even when it has no significance beyond the fact of its existence. Ji-ho has repeatedly asked Woo-hui to play, promising nothing in exchange, and Woo-hui has repeatedly consented. That consent, to me, is key, and I don't believe this is a mere technicality.

Some people enjoy and are comfortable with casual sex play, while others are not. The former and latter may not mix well, but neither holds the moral high ground, so long as all parties involved make their boundaries and expectations clear. Ji-ho has done a much better job of that than Woo-hui.

And phone sex always ends when someone else enters the room.

Je suis presque sûr que Brown est gay. Avec le recul, rien ne suggère sa sexualité en général, donc à tout le moins, il n'y a pas assez de choses à dire dans un sens ou dans l'autre. Mais ils ont mentionné une ancienne relation et je suis presque sûr que c'était avec une femme. De toute façon, elle n’a visiblement aucun problème avec les femmes. Et Blue a déjà dit qu'elle voudrait une relation engagée avec Pink. La femme est célibataire. Quand on est célibataire, on peut dormir comme on veut.

Rien n’indique que Blue ne s’arrêterait pas une fois qu’elle aurait trouvé quelqu’un. En fait, c'est exactement ce que Blue a dit il y a 2 chapitres, lorsqu'elle a dit que cette histoire de faillite devrait prendre fin si/quand Pink l'acceptait. Ensuite, bien sûr, Brown a demandé « une fois de plus ». Si Brown veut qu'elle arrête, elle doit avouer pour qu'ils puissent s'engager.

Je veux dire, réfléchissez à ce que vous suggérez. Brown ne se lancera pas dans une relation tant qu'une femme célibataire n'arrêtera pas de chercher des partenaires ? Cela n’a aucun sens et n’est pas réaliste pour Blue. Brown n'essaie pas de sortir avec la Vierge Marie, les gens ont une vie sexuelle. Elle ne fait rien d'anormal. À l’heure actuelle, si Pink était partante, Blue s’engagerait envers elle. Quoi qu’il en soit, le problème vient du coup de poing suivi de la demande d’excuses. Alors oui, ce sont des problèmes de communication, mais la personne qui gâche la communication blâme la victime.

Edit : je ne commente également cela que parce qu'il semble étrange que certains commentaires (en particulier dans les premiers chapitres) considèrent Blue comme ayant tort ici.

Je suis presque sûr que Brown est gay. Avec le recul, rien ne suggère sa sexualité en général, donc à tout le moins, il n'y a pas assez de choses à dire dans un sens ou dans l'autre. Mais ils ont mentionné une ancienne relation et je suis presque sûr que c'était avec une femme. De toute façon, elle n’a visiblement aucun problème avec les femmes. Et Blue a déjà dit qu'elle voudrait une relation engagée avec Pink. La femme est célibataire. Quand on est célibataire, on peut dormir comme on veut.

Rien n’indique que Blue ne s’arrêterait pas une fois qu’elle aurait trouvé quelqu’un. En fait, c'est exactement ce que Blue a dit il y a 2 chapitres, lorsqu'elle a dit que cette histoire de faillite devrait prendre fin si/quand Pink l'acceptait. Ensuite, bien sûr, Brown a demandé « une fois de plus ». Si Brown veut qu'elle arrête, elle doit avouer pour qu'ils puissent s'engager.

Je veux dire, réfléchissez à ce que vous suggérez. Brown ne se lancera pas dans une relation tant qu'une femme célibataire n'arrêtera pas de chercher des partenaires ? Cela n’a aucun sens et n’est pas réaliste pour Blue. Brown n'essaie pas de sortir avec la Vierge Marie, les gens ont une vie sexuelle. Elle ne fait rien d'anormal. À l’heure actuelle, si Pink était partante, Blue s’engagerait envers elle. Quoi qu’il en soit, le problème vient du coup de poing suivi de la demande d’excuses. Alors oui, ce sont des problèmes de communication, mais la personne qui gâche la communication blâme la victime.

Edit : je ne commente également cela que parce qu'il semble étrange que certains commentaires (en particulier dans les premiers chapitres) considèrent Blue comme ayant tort ici.
Juste pour clarifier, exiger des excuses, c'était avant le coup de poing... Fond noir = passé
Blanc = présent

Users who are viewing this thread