Showa Maiden Fairytale - Vol. 5 Ch. 42.2 - The fairy tale goes on

Dex-chan lover
My god, they really held onto that feeling of "Is he dead, is he alive?" until the very end. Y'know what, though, I'm glad that he actually did live. These two deserved more than what they got for what they went through, but at least they're both alive.

Dex-chan lover
Make it extra lewd!
And it's probably going to be rather short since the couple of that story will likely embody the era and get together quickly instead of dancing around the issue.

Though I wouldn't say no to a peaceful SoL with a developing relationship after these emotional rollercoasters

Dex-chan lover
And it's probably going to be rather short since the couple of that story will likely embody the era and get together quickly instead of dancing around the issue.

Though I wouldn't say no to a peaceful SoL with a developing relationship after these emotional rollercoasters
There are some natural disasters and reactors going boom that can spice things up...

Dex-chan lover
NGL a manga romance series where each 'season' focuses on a different time period in the story of a family would be great, something like JoJo but with romance. Maybe the only problem for me is the Japanese eras are too long.
Showa (the one this story covered) was 60 years, the following one is only 30 years and then there's the current one which has been going on for 4 years.
so I don't think they're too long we'd not meet at least one character from the previous era. but even so the problem might be the rapid change in society and the type of struggles each era faces.

Dex-chan lover
It sounds like a good moniker actually, "the Maiden fairytale series, spanning over a century ".

Dex-chan lover
Thank god he returned i was ready to die too if he hadn't returned 😭😭😭

Dex-chan lover
Showa (the one this story covered) was 60 years, the following one is only 30 years and then there's the current one which has been going on for 4 years.
Yeah, but that's what I mean, I would like to see something like a romance for each decade or so. One set in the 60s during the students protests, one in the 80s that goes full city pop in it's aesthetic, another in the 90s and so on.

It would be too ambitious a project to ever see it done to completion and even harder to see it having decent writing, but it's something I hope I can see someday.

Thank you for the translation
Oh my what a ride I cried so hard at the chapter when Jinta-chan came back
I really thought Tokoyo come after him in the heaven
So glad it's a happy ending, they deserve it after all they had to go through

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, but that's what I mean, I would like to see something like a romance for each decade or so. One set in the 60s during the students protests, one in the 80s that goes full city pop in it's aesthetic, another in the 90s and so on.

It would be too ambitious a project to ever see it done to completion and even harder to see it having decent writing, but it's something I hope I can see someday.
There are surprisingly few manga set in the 60s generally. The only one that comes to my mind offhand is Sakamichi no Apollon, although that is so good it's worth about a dozen all by itself.

Dex-chan lover
There are surprisingly few manga set in the 60s generally. The only one that comes to my mind offhand is Sakamichi no Apollon, although that is so good it's worth about a dozen all by itself.
Nice ! I had heard of it before but didn't know it was set in the 60s, thanks!

Dex-chan lover
goddamn author really had me worried for a bit there but good for Tokoyo lmao. I'm sad we didn't get to see more Yuzu or Tamahiko or an extended epilogue with everyone as they are much older but a happy ending is good enough I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread