Shuumatsu no Valkyrie - Ch. 87 - Ame-no-murakumo no Tsurugi

Dex-chan lover
images.jpg

Dex-chan lover
There have been 10 fights thus far. Of those 10, there were five Japanese humans/gods fighting. One is ongoing.

Only Sasaki Kojiro's fight was where a Japanese won. Meanwhile, the two other Japanese representatives lost.

I really don't get some of the people complaining about Nippon stronk here.

Double-page supporter
this is so boring lmao, everytime there's anything involving Japanese folklore (and it's a huge portion given how small Japan is compared to the rest of the world/history), there's endless jerking off over it

When you have the battle being "Humanities strongest" having two guys of the same weapon type just doesn't make sense.
Untrue. If humanities fifth strongest swordsman is stronger than humanities strongest spearman, why would you pick the spearman over a 2nd or 5th swordsman? If you want "humanities strongest" you go by overall power in the selection process and completely ignore their weapon of choice.

Dex-chan lover
There have been 10 fights thus far. Of those 10, there were five Japanese humans/gods fighting. One is ongoing.

Only Sasaki Kojiro's fight was where a Japanese won. Meanwhile, the two other Japanese representatives lost.

I really don't get some of the people complaining about Nippon stronk here.
Saying the series can't be Japan wank because they've not won every fight is an incredibly reductionist way of looking at it. They're overrepresented and even when they lose they are always treated well. Compare to the Greeks who are also overrepresented but at least have the historical relevance to back it up. The Greeks are also treated like crap half the time narratively so it feels less like favouritism. How many Japanese characters got done dirty like Hades? None, and that shows no signs of changing.

Dex-chan lover
This mandatory nationalist propaganda arc kinda less interesting than Sasaki Kojiro tbh
No culture clash, just straight up oooo japan ooooooh aaaaaahhh
um, this is one of the most fascinating fights so far in the entire series.

I'm already hooked, and they barely did anything..... I guess our perception of what "art" means is just different on a molecular level.

Dex-chan lover
Well duh, unlike you I'm not built out of a definition-accurate weeaboo cells. I've read hundreds of rendition about meiji restoration and japanese gods and frankly i'm bored of this shit.
good for you mate, I've spent 20 years studying all manners of stuff, and I started with manga and am writing books, novels, aphorism collections nowadays.

But yeah, good for you, studying japanese in college. Also please dont zoomer me, i'm way older than you, child.

Dex-chan lover
Well that’s a bit unfair. Human and god make a sword for Susano why not make one for Okita too.

Dex-chan lover
good for you mate, I've spent 20 years studying all manners of stuff, and I started with manga and am writing books, novels, aphorism collections nowadays.

But yeah, good for you, studying japanese in college. Also please dont zoomer me, i'm way older than you, child.
20 YEARS AND YOU'RE STILL EATING UP NATIONALIST PROPAGANDA?????
DAMN BRO YOOU OLD AND A WEEABOO, READ SOMETHING ELSE LMAOO

Dex-chan lover
Saying the series can't be Japan wank because they've not won every fight is an incredibly reductionist way of looking at it. They're overrepresented and even when they lose they are always treated well. Compare to the Greeks who are also overrepresented but at least have the historical relevance to back it up. The Greeks are also treated like crap half the time narratively so it feels less like favouritism. How many Japanese characters got done dirty like Hades? None, and that shows no signs of changing.
A Japanese fighter is the only one in the series to get no-diffed (Zerofuku/7 lucky gods). Another Japanese fighter got an extreme diff loss. Now the fight is Japan vs Japan so no matter what, one wins and one loses. I don't feel like that's very wanky. At the very least, it doesn't ruin the story.

Dex-chan lover
Well duh, unlike you I'm not built out of a definition-accurate weeaboo cells. I've read hundreds of rendition about meiji restoration and japanese gods and frankly i'm bored of this shit.
Imagine getting all the way to the 10th round and not realizing that ONLY KING LEONIDAS has gotten anything resembling a history/mythology accurate backstory. Why the fuck would you expect that to change now?

Dex-chan lover
Untrue. If humanities fifth strongest swordsman is stronger than humanities strongest spearman, why would you pick the spearman over a 2nd or 5th swordsman? If you want "humanities strongest" you go by overall power in the selection process and completely ignore their weapon of choice.
That case lets just have everyone use guns and be done with it Strongest swordsmen can't beat the top 3 guns users in the world.

See how we can't really argue that because it's subjective but having two of the same type from a narrative perspective is boring

Dex-chan lover
Imagine getting all the way to the 10th round and not realizing that ONLY KING LEONIDAS has gotten anything resembling a history/mythology accurate backstory. Why the fuck would you expect that to change now?
What got you thinking that I actually care about historical accuracy? I want interesting culturally different match ups. Shit like Warrior of 3 Kingdoms vs Norse god, the first Abrahamic man vs Greek god ruler, Prominent Sumo Wrestler vs Indian Deity of Destruction. Y'know, match ups that are actually interesting.

Samurai vs Samurai (divine) is mid even in concept

Dex-chan lover
What got you thinking that I actually care about historical accuracy? I want interesting culturally different match ups. Shit like Warrior of 3 Kingdoms vs Norse god, the first Abrahamic man vs Greek god ruler, Prominent Sumo Wrestler vs Indian Deity of Destruction. Y'know, match ups that are actually interesting.

Samurai vs Samurai (divine) is mid even in concept
I see, that's what you meant. You were talking about history so much it was difficult to see what your actual complaint was. Yeah, I'm not going to lie, on the surface this battle is not very interesting, but we've barely got 2 named moves and one of them is pretty creative, so I'm willing to wait until the first backstory chapter. At the very least, it'll be better than the last round.

Dex-chan lover
You were talking about history so much it was difficult to see what your actual complaint was.
No I didn't, you sure you're not confusing me with other people's argument or just projecting yourself onto me?

Like, my main complaint is that I'm bored of "JAPANESE SAIKOU BANZAI" bullshit. and even if it is a history complaint, it was literally just a single sentence that it doesn't fit your "too much" lmao

Dex-chan lover
How many Japanese characters got done dirty like Hades? None, and that shows no signs of changing.
I still can't get over how dirty Hades got done. He was made so pathetic he had to team up with 6 other Gods, before fusing into a single God that doesn't even exist in any culture. Despite that, he was still so pathetically weak he had to be replaced by Hajun (aka Mara, an Indian God) and still lost. And before anyone argues that Buddha is a God and not a human, this series has done plenty to establish the fact that humans and Gods are evenly matched.

Author should be crucified for doing Hades so dirty! Wait... wrong God.

Anyhow, you were saying...?

Users who are viewing this thread