Shuumatsu no Valkyrie - Ch. 87 - Ame-no-murakumo no Tsurugi

Dex-chan lover
which is not true, because if even the second-strongest swordman is stronger than the strongest boxer, it does make sense to have two swordsmen rather than one swordman and one boxer.

If you're using examples then acknowledge my last paragraph where I spoke about Guns, if you're using the logic of 'second strongest humans of X beats human of Y' then there should be way more users that are stronger based on weapons used like guns, in a fight between a marksman and a swordsmanship 100% of the time the marksman will win.

The only time this logic doesn't apply is when it comes to throwing logic out the window for the sake of cool overpowered characters, problem with that is then that arguement can be used to say the same thing about the example you gave.

The best Boxer of all theoretically could beat the second best swordsman if he had cool anime powers (like everyone in this manga does)

Power scaling on theoretical number ones and twos thus becomes useless there is no real metric based on real world logic and the only thing that then becomes important is narrative. In this case like you said the narrative becomes boring because it's so overdone.

Dex-chan lover
It turns out that my bloodshot eye from sleepless nights is a superhuman power huh

Dex-chan lover
So the gods could have just sent out the weapon category gods and out of all of them all, it's the weeb god of sword.

Dex-chan lover
Well I was pumped when they went ooooh aaaah, and Okita was swaying his sword. Then I wondered why the hell would a human aid a god to destroy humanity. I guess they were promised eternal life among the gods, and also must really like forging swords.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit what a bunch of yappers here commenting. I'll also be one

I disliked the fact that the BEST SWORD OF ALL TIME, made by humans and gods was a fucking Katana, a sword good for slashing, and that's it. The thrusting is fragile, because of the curvature and no double edge, so many sword stances do not work. There is no unique feature, like a egyptian Khopesh, where, like the katana, is made for slashing AND pushing shields out of the way

Out of my head, one stance I'd like the god who know all stances to use would be Half-sword, where you grab the middle of the blade and you have a better control at thrusting, rapiers stances, where it's focused on rapid thrustings and those two-handed sword stances.

I would really like for it to be a methodical battle, where the god uses a stance, and the human knows how to counter. It would need for both the god's and human's weapons to kinda of shapeshift to fit the different styles, but nonetheless here's my yapping

Users who are viewing this thread