Shuumatsu no Valkyrie - Vol. 11 Ch. 43 - Round 6

Dex-chan lover
@McNugget_Master12 Heracles has a better opinion of the gods and already convinced them to spare a city once, he thought that if he just did his match, he would go on to convince them to spare humanity.

Buddha on the other hand clearly has a more negative view of the gods and clearly doesn't give a shit. Especialy after Zeus told him 'I want to kill humans because I have a superiority boner I need to use and humans are convenient for that'.

Dex-chan lover
Got to admit, one must love the attitude of "be careful what you ask for".

Zeus: Buddha, you fight next round.
Buddha: OK.
* On the ring:
Buddha: I fight on humans' side.

That said, I'm pretty sure the fighter on the God's side will be either one or all of the "Seven Lucky Gods". (They might be considered as one, for some technical reason. Fusion?)
I think this based on this whole chapter which seems to be one big foreshadowing for this line up.

Double-page supporter
@BigMac42 Jujutsu Kaisen borrowed a lot of elements from religions like Buddhism and Shinto, Onmyodo and Japanese mythology. Ryomen Sukuna was a demon from Japanese mythology who was defeated by a military commander from Imperial court. Jogo, Dagon and Mahito's domain names are references to Buddhism.

Users who are viewing this thread