Shuumatsu no Walküre - Vol. 8 Ch. 32 - Blow-for-Blow

@PrincessCake
A fellow person of culture with the profile picture I see!

It's crazy how different this translation is with the other one, actually. Quite a bit of the dialogue is completely different.

Double-page supporter
My heart still hurts from Heracles' death, but this match is just so frickin hype

Dex-chan lover
Normally, shouldn't Shiva's eyes be half-opened? >_> I reckon reading that it's when his eyes do open that destruction follows. Or somesuch. =.=

Dex-chan lover
@wankerlin This one is correct. Raws state that Parvati is 正妻, legal wife/first wife. The others are referred to as 第二夫人 and 第三夫人, Second and third wife respectively.
I have no idea why the other translator just made up the other thing. IDK, probably machine translated.
This translation is much better than the other. Too many people just throwing poor translations under the /a/ group and calling it a day.
Edit:Yeah, I was thinking it had to do with Sati, but it's not translation if you just put in your own knowledge and fanfiction instead of what the author wrote.

@Torappu i think another guy in the anonymous upload explained a lot of shiva mythos. Partavi is apparently the reincarnation of shiva's first wife. So she is his second but also his first wife?
I don't know, this dude wrote a lot.

Nod

@ Sati should be shiva's first wife, but I guess it doesn't really matter, as all the wives are just different aspects of the same being.

Dex-chan lover
Sati(1st wife) not around??
I'd laugh so hard if it turns out sati is one of the girls raiden 'ate' last chapter xD

I saw Ganesha and my brain autocompleted the next character card to read GANESH: FOURTH WIFE OF SHIVA

Contributor
I think this fight will be short, compared to the heracles/jack fight.

Shiva should win easily.

Fed-Kun's army
Much better scan quality and translation than the other guy. Thanks!

This corrects a few mistakes of the first LQ translation from pareogo, for example:

Shivas wifes are now 1st, 2nd and 3rd wifes rather than 2nd, 3rd and 4th. This makes more sense.

In the original LQ translation from pareogo, Shiva asks if the ritual involves ginger. This is likely incorrect as sumo rituals never involve tossing ginger in the air. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvc0oAg4TXg

On page 10, in the first LQ, Shiva says "an unrivaled wrestler", in the second LQ from le_demiurge, Shiva says " So, the peer-less rikishi huh?". The second version makes more sense as it's more specific to Raiden since he is known as a rikishi rather than a wrestler. Even though he uses wrestling moves this chapter, he is still clearly regarded as a rikishi.

Page 11-14 offers slightly different interpertations of those lines, both kind of the same to me tho. Although, I like that the LQ version has a translator's note that defines what a "shijuhatte" is. And the second LQ version's use of the word ''eschewed" is unusual.

Page 21 specifies that Raiden uses a "Russian Hook" rather than just a right hook. This makes it more clear that it's supposed to be a wrestling move, like the drop kick, rather than a Japanese sumo move.

Page 25, calling Shiva's throw an "overhead toss" rather than "an irregular throw" makes more sense. What about this throw makes it irregular?

Page 31 specifics it's "gautama buddha" and not just "buddha". Not a big deal, and maybe the raw just says buddha. But I like that it mentions it's guatama buddha so it's more clear that its not the fat one. Fat buddha in Chinese philosophy is known as "Budai Luohan", a fat monk who was an earlier incarnation of "Gutama Buddha", the skinny one. https://theoracle.ca/whats-the-difference-between-the-fat-and-skinny-buddhas/

The bottom 3 panels in page 26, and page 35-36, are entirely different interpertations of the dialogue. Not sure which one is correct tho. I'll wait for the Inept Bastards scan to see which is more likely to be correct.

TLDR: Read this translation from le_demiurge

This is kind of getting weird.. I think Shiva is going to win just with how things have been going. However, you never know what will actually happen until you see it out on the panels.

Users who are viewing this thread