Shuumatsu no Walküre - Vol. 8 Ch. 33 - 100 Seals

Dex-chan lover
Fuck, I was hoping it stayed a normal tournament, but this seems good too.

Group Leader
The Raiden muscle stuff was weirdly lame.

The second half of this chapter though was amazing. The gods having conflict between each other and some of the actual deities joining the human side is so interesting.

Dex-chan lover
@Belseer
You know what I think? I think Jesus pulled off what death in this arena does, his soul getting destroyed.

He literally sacrificed his very own soul so humanity would get to live longer.

That's my guess. And it would make perfect sense in-universe there.

That's why he isn't on any list, because bro of bros already pulled off saving us once... without any other death but his own.

Damn, now I am sad.

Dex-chan lover
Ummm Okita here, maybe the mangaka will kill him outside the ring and so they will need someone else for another fight.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@reconr7
yes, they are also considered 'gods' in this verse: there is an incubus in chapter 1, beelzebub is one of the fighters, and many of the gods' spectators include mythical monsters/demons

speaking of Buddha, it reminds me of sun go kong.

I wonder if he is on the side of humans or gods or animals (Let's say demi humans)?

cgr

Dex-chan lover
@AlifIrhas
all demons, mythical beings, etc. are cheering on the gods' side as spectators: including sun wu kong on these pages :
https://mangadex.org/chapter/578185/21
https://mangadex.org/chapter/583606/35

@spathi
maybe souji okita got his valkyrie partner-off screen already

as for kondo isami, maybe jack's volund ability can give other humans volund-esque weapons too, or maybe he will just fight defensively/ as a distraction but won't actually be able to hurt the gods.

Dex-chan lover
@Elmithian My gosh that would make so much sense. It will also establish how there are gods that are on humanity's side since long ago which is just wonderful worldbuilding. I wonder what the author does about the Trinity thing and the thing about Jesus raising from the dead after 3 days then ascend to heaven after a month.

Best chapter so far. Love that they are focusing on something other than 1v1s and backgrounds.

this is so hype, there's never been an action manga that deserved an anime adaptation as much as this one

There must be something going on. Both Heracles and Buddha voted for humanities destruction, but appear to be on humanities side. I wonder what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread