SHY - Vol. 14 Ch. 115 - Entrance of the Extraordinary Baby

Dex-chan lover
Jesus. Imagine being that emotionally broken at THREE.

She never really had a chance for childhood until Teru came along. But I can see how that could have a negative aspect too even if the intentions would have been "protect/want this child to be safe/happy/etc".

Also shout out Kenshin. Guy was a true hero.

Dex-chan lover
I nearly thought for a moment that Shine literally made Teru as her heart or something like that
Maybe because the only other family member I remember seeing is their grandfather, but my current theory is that Shy isn’t simply Shine’s naturally born sister. Perhaps she was genetically created for Shine (similarities to Irregular at Magic High School). Shy was possibly born to awaken her Heart or replace her, in case of her death or side effects of her ego: as the cliffhanger confirmed.

Last edited:
Yeah some thing don't add up here, they're clearly both biologically related as they literally look alike and have the same hair, but there's no indication of Mei having any parents, particularly in a manga like that it can't just be something that has no reason to be mentioned. Hell in this chapter we see her holding newborn Teru and she's by herself no sign of their parents in sight ? She must have created Teru in some way probably by wishing to have a heart or something.

Dex-chan lover
That's weird, it's almost like she was born a freak of nature due to some outside influence. Hurting people who get close, and seemingly having no ego of her own is weird as hell, she didn't even sound human. And considering the whole bullshit happening now, I'm gonna guess there's someone else pulling strings who wanted to use her as a host.

Dex-chan lover
To those who are wondering why their parents never showed up, there's actually a simple answer to that:
Perhaps, the author just haven't thought of a design for them yet at the time of writing these chapters.

The author plants some genius foreshadowings, and slips in references to previous events as if they're all intricately planned, but that doesn't mean he thought of anything and everything.
The Amalareiks had vague generic designs before they were officially introduced individually, and some of Teru's hobbies weren't really shown until they become a relevant plot point. (these are some of the things the anime fixed, so kudos to the staff)
We have to admit that the author leaves a lot of rough edges in the settings and just refines them as he goes.

Dex-chan lover
To those who are wondering why their parents never showed up, there's actually a simple answer to that:
Perhaps, the author just haven't thought of a design for them yet at the time of writing these chapters.

The author plants some genius foreshadowings, and slips in references to previous events as if they're all intricately planned, but that doesn't mean he thought of anything and everything.
The Amalareiks had vague generic designs before they were officially introduced individually, and some of Teru's hobbies weren't really shown until they become a relevant plot point. (these are some of the things the anime fixed, so kudos to the staff)
We have to admit that the author leaves a lot of rough edges in the settings and just refines them as he goes.
It's said that her parents are gone a lot.
You do see Teru and Mei's mother eventually, I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread