SHY - Vol. 14 Ch. 117 - I Am Not A Hero

Dex-chan lover
OMG! Seeing how Shine and Shy followed the same path and people, but also how the former wasn’t able to keep her heart and already knowing the latter did is so poignant!

Putting aside the intentional blackout on their parents, did Shine actually ‘die?’ And how did that lead to Shy taking her place? Did Unilord have a hand in it?

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Really cool transition from pages 18 to 20. Page 18 has Mei holding the umbrella; then page 19 suddenly has Stigma holding the broken umbrella, while Mei's hand is empty, but still in the umbrella-holding pose. Really helps illustrate that the Stigma personality is now in control, with Mei's normal self now pushed aside, out of her body, as the "other" personality.

The higher resolutions are appreciated, but generally I'm not really a fan of how the upscales look and I'd rather just have the original, smaller images, honestly. The upscales makes the otherwise tight lineart very blurry and weird-looking.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get if Stigma is supposed to be inner thoughts or some alt personality or hers, or a separate entity completely that housed itself in her, and then tried to rile her up to gain control.
I don't think the former makes much sense when Stigma looks completely different from her, even looks like a young boy.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get if Stigma is supposed to be inner thoughts or some alt personality or hers, or a separate entity completely that housed itself in her, and then tried to rile her up to gain control.
I don't think the former makes much sense when Stigma looks completely different from her, even looks like a young boy.
Probably related to Jungian psychology. Stigma is Shine's "animus", the unconscious masculine aspect. The author likely merged it with the "Shadow", the unconscious emotional blind spot of a person. The Shadow is usually something people are unable to accept about themselves.

In Shine's case, what she cannot accept is a seeming lack of empathy or sense of sociopathy, the lack of a heart.

Group Leader
The higher resolutions are appreciated, but generally I'm not really a fan of how the upscales look and I'd rather just have the original, smaller images, honestly. The upscales makes the otherwise tight lineart very blurry and weird-looking.
We are switching to Volume chapters so there won't be upscaling unless there is actual need but the only issue will be that the volume pages are cropped [that really irks me sometimes] cutting some portion from the magazine release
wMdHnC4.jpeg
UYcB249.jpeg

We are switching to Volume chapters so there won't be upscaling unless there is actual need but the only issue will be that the volume pages are cropped [that really irks me sometimes] cutting some portion from the magazine release
wMdHnC4.jpeg
UYcB249.jpeg
Oh perfect, thank you! And yeah it is annoying about the borders, but at least the scans seem pretty high quality.

Users who are viewing this thread