SHY

Aggregator gang
@RaimundoBruno Not sure what you want me to elaborate on, but I'll see what I can do...

The current main antagonist seems to be able to bring out the dark secrets and emotions that people bottle up and turn them into mutants of some sort (it's been one person so far and the 'transformation' hadn't been completed). When this happened to the first girl,
Shy convinced her that keeping these things in and not telling it to anybody would be self-destructive, and doing so returned them to normal.

This is meant to parallel how, in Japan, people tend to not ask for help and let these emotions eat at them, leading to the heavy amounts of suicide over there. The manga's trying to teach about letting people in to help you so you don't need to go through these things alone.

And, because of the 'dark = edgy' mindset, people quickly judge that the story's edgy because it's dealing with these things. Whether the story is appealing or not is subjective, but it really isn't very 'edgy' by definition (since edgy means, by urban definition, 'excessively dark and overbearingly depressive' despite the series going for a more optimistic story).

I too love it, people hate her because she's shy and she doesn't have confidence in herself but the manga is literally called shy you idiots. What did you expect for her to have super confidence, she's a starter hero who's trying to grow.

Aggregator gang
@SweetJelly It's kind of like Goblin Slayer. The negative views of him are just 'oh okay he kills goblins that's boring' despite the fact that
1. It's the name of the manga
2. It's the name of the character
3. You have to wait around a bit. Like I'm assuming Shy will, GS evolved as a character and becomes more vocal and human.

It's been eight chapters. I'd hardly expect things to be absolutely perfect off the bat.

Dex-chan lover
This place has become like the MAL forums with the low quality trolling, pseudo-intellectual reviews, puerile name-calling and vague attempts at criticism...

Group Leader
This is actually good.
Kinda reminded me of Tanjirou since she wears compassion as her power.

Look at these negative comment and here I'm, a simple man of culture.
Flat is Justice, couldn't ask for more.

Dex-chan lover
I love the face expressions, there's a few where you can see the artist really puts a lot of effort

Dex-chan lover
Shy is the best girl.

Also I'm the only one who ships her and Kawa's brother, but I don't care.

I'd also be fine with the guy from the Calligraphy club, but whatever.

Double-page supporter
Just read chapter 1 and man thr visuals of this Manga is really good

Users who are viewing this thread