Sigrid - Ch. 56

Dex-chan lover
I called it in chapter 54
The prince will quickly grow really attached to Sigrid since she doesn't mess with him or force him to do anything (that doesn't endanger him). Can't wait for everyone being absolutely flabbergasted by the influence she'll have over him

Dex-chan lover
I think the reason why the Empress neglects her son is not out of ill will, but because she desperately wants for the Emperor to not see prince Awin as a threat to his reign.
She knows full well what happened to the previous Empress and her son. And she knows that as soon as that paranoid bastard simply suspects Awin to be trouble, he will not hesitate to kill the both of them.
That is why crown princess Ariel tells Sigrid why she understands why the Empress acts this way, since she's about to become a mother herself. A mother will do anything to protect her child.

Dex-chan lover
I called it in chapter 54
The prince will quickly grow really attached to Sigrid since she doesn't mess with him or force him to do anything (that doesn't endanger him). Can't wait for everyone being absolutely flabbergasted by the influence she'll have over him
I'm happy that the author used something real. Every kid acts out when they feel ignored, lied to, or some perceived injustice towards themselves.

I've worked with kids and adults that get along well with me, because I see no reason to lie. Might beat around the bush and not be direct, but it helps build some connections. Allows them to more clearly express themselves, knowing they aren't ignored.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, Sigrid, even woman going badump-badump because of you.

What the heck, what did you just say, Empress? He is not acting like a child, he is still a child. You are just making excuses for neglecting your own son.
Remember they have an ass of emperor who even murder his own child if he felt his throne threaten. That's why as much as possible that mother hope for his son to be just useless so he can be alive.

Dex-chan lover
I sincerely hope the Emperor gets to meet the guillotine soon cuz good god he is a bitch.

The poor prince, his mom is trying her damnest to not be involved with him so it doesn't look like she favored him and end up like the previous queen dowager and her first son.

Dex-chan lover
So the kid acted that way because he was neglected by his mother, and since he is a prince, everyone else weren't honest with him? Can someone help me understand better this dynamic?

So the kid acted that way because he was neglected by his mother, and since he is a prince, everyone else weren't honest with him? Can someone help me understand better this dynamic?
The prince wants attention and the idea is that if being good doesn't get you attention, then being bad will since being punished/hated is a type of attention. Since he's a prince, you can't punish him and he has power over you (as a servant) so the best way to try to get him to do what you want is to please him. Adult also say things to kids to comfort them, even if they don't know if its true or not and even if thats a lie.

Sig doesn't lie and she doesn't need/want to please power. She really only has to tip-toe around the emperor at this point (even if she does that poorly at times). The biggest thing is that, she knows what her job is and isn't and isn't scared to say it (shes not there for child care, thats for sure). She didn't know him well enough (or interact with children at all) to treat him as anything else then a small adult and that shows.

I hope that helps a little.

I think the reason why the Empress neglects her son is not out of ill will, but because she desperately wants for the Emperor to not see prince Awin as a threat to his reign.
She knows full well what happened to the previous Empress and her son. And she knows that as soon as that paranoid bastard simply suspects Awin to be trouble, he will not hesitate to kill the both of them.
That is why crown princess Ariel tells Sigrid why she understands why the Empress acts this way, since she's about to become a mother herself. A mother will do anything to protect her child.
good point, I did not think about that

Users who are viewing this thread