Silver Spoon - Vol. 15 Ch. 131 - Final Chapter. The Story of Yuugo Hachiken.

Another lackluster epilogue.

This manga already lack of romance, but one of the development of Hachiken was the romance itself, his relationship with Mikage.

But man, can author just give some romance for the epilogue? For example, wedding ending just to wrap up the story?

The ending really differs when you read the series in one go or been waiting for updates for months...

Except for the rushed ending, this series is definitely a good one. This kind of ending does really irritates me but I somehow can tolerate it because of circumstances of Arakawa-sensei's family.

it had pretty much gotten to the point that it could do the x years later in the next chapter to end it at any time, people more worried about the fact that it switched to a beserk release schedule

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much!
Wish for another golden series like this again.
Once again, thank you!

The ending is not this chapter, the ending has been the last few chapters, it just feels weird because the hiatus and stuff like that. If you actually go back and read a few chapters before this one you realize we have been in a long epilogue showing the life of the many characters that we have seen in the series. I see a lot of people hangup on the wedding thing, but as you can see in this chapter, he is actually thinking about it, its a given thing, but like he says, he needs to succeed in his bussines to have the funds to marry (weddings are expensive). Showing the future of his pig bussiness and how successfull he is i think would go against the themes of the story, which is about some dude who had no direction in life after feeling like a failure and slowly finding purpose and changing lives because of it. We know he is hard working, he is smart, he is capable, and now he has goals to strive for (what he lacked). Hachiken is gona be fine, he is gona marry Mikage, have his pig farm bussiness be very successfull (like he has been) and he will continue to make an impact on a lot of people. Maybe we will get an epilogue, but i wouldnt count on it.

Sometimes we dont need a fairy tale epilogue, for Hachiken life will just continue, but for us his story is over because his school days are over, and i think that ending was wonderfull and the ride to get here was amazing, just shows how competetent of a writer Arakawa is, both FMA and Silver spoon are fantastic series but they are completely different, yet IMO both the ending and the journey were great.

Contributor
I wish it had gone on longer, but it's nice to see baseball boy is still playing and MC is actually dating his girlfriend.

Double-page supporter
This manga was a very importan factor in my life. Apered when I was 16, and various decisions in my life would be very differents if this series wasn´t existed.

Im very grateful with Arakawa-sensei for show me not to be ashamed for didn´t know wath I wanted to be, and encoradge me to put my happiness before the expectations of the people surrounding me.

Dex-chan lover
What an incredibly "Hokkaido" ending. Yes, it's nebulous, which means that it can be somewhat unfulfilling. But that's OK sometimes I think.

Anyway, what makes this so "Hokkaido", and appropriate? In Hokkaido, there's a statue of a man named William S. Clark. He was a professor of Botany, Chemistry and Zoology, and served as the president of Mass Agricultural College, currently known as UMass Amherst. So what's that got to do with Japan?

During the Meiji Restoration, he was hired to be the president of the Sapporo Agricultural College, which is currently known as Hokkaido University. Overall, he left quite the impression on the island, enough so that they built a statue in his honor.

Which brings us back to the ending here. Engraved on the statue's base are his parting words to students, "Boys, Be Ambitious!". And that's what we find here; Hachiken's professor telling one of his uncertain students, in a roundabout fashion, to "Be Ambitious!".

In a way, this is probably the only way a series like this could end. Hachiken, with no drive or desires that he could truly call his own, leaves for an agricultural school in Hokkaido, and finds ambition waiting for him.

So sad it ended. I hope we get a new university ark side story I want to see them get married

Dex-chan lover
Disappointing lack of Mikage and any relationship closure here. I mean we already know they're dating, but a Komaba cliff-hanger chapter coupled with his school life being a story passed down to new students felt like not enough.

Users who are viewing this thread