Since When Do Guys Find Divorcees Attractive? - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - It doesn't matter who you are.

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but feel like all variants of "you shouldn't fall in love with an old woman like me" are lowkey seduction tactics when said to younger men. It's obviously not like that in this case, but elsewhere...

Thanks for the TL.

Wingsis, Wingboss. Is there going to be a wingfriend and a wingdog too?

The universe is telling you to take the plunge.
This must be how "the power of friendship" is applied in josei manga...

I just cannot understand how some men do not hold their women. I've been with my wife for 20 years and I think I hold her more now than I did when we were young. I'm still head-over-heels for her.

Dex-chan lover
I just cannot understand how some men do not hold their women. I've been with my wife for 20 years and I think I hold her more now than I did when we were young. I'm still head-over-heels for her.
I'm not sure if you're talking with the following context, but I'm almost certain that what was translated to "hold" was some conjugation of 抱く, which normally means "to hold" but can also be understood as "to have sex". In which case, they're delicately talking about a sexless marriage.

I've always presumed that the point of the euphemism is to emphasize the "softer" and more emotional aspects of the sex (the hugging, the pressing together of naked bodies, the vulnerability), in contrast to the "harder" aspects (the penetration, the frantically altered mind states).

Dex-chan lover
It's more of a cultural thing over in japan (specifically if you are looking older generation ones). Public displays of affection are kinda looked down on. And the family dynamic is far FAR more formal and stiff. (again, depending on who you talk to)

I'm convinced that the majority of manga out here are ways for the Japanese who write and read them to express themselves via proxy through the work instead of through physically in public.

I'm not sure if you're talking with the following context, but I'm almost certain that what was translated to "hold" was some conjugation of 抱く, which normally means "to hold" but can also be understood as "to have sex". In which case, they're delicately talking about a sexless marriage.

I've always presumed that the point of the euphemism is to emphasize the "softer" and more emotional aspects of the sex (the hugging, the pressing together of naked bodies, the vulnerability), in contrast to the "harder" aspects (the penetration, the frantically altered mind states).
Yes, I knew what it meant, so my words were said in that context. Still thanks for the clarification for others.

Double-page supporter
I mean if it was a young guy who still wanted a family with kids, and a woman old enough to have gone through menopause, that's one thing. But she's nowhere near that old, and women tend to live around 10+ years longer than men anyway, so what's the damn problem? You want your wife to have to be alone for 10 years after your die?

Fed-Kun's army
So usually you don't find that prince on a white horse that sweeps you off your feet, yet Mitsui did find someone he likes. Then she tells him to wait for an even more handsome prince. Like, waiting for the perfect match is how you end up alone. How is Ono assuming that Mitsui will meet all these wonderful people? Sure, there are loads of fish in the sea, but it's rare to find one you're compatible with. It's such a waste. You can at least attempt to find out if you match well instead of assuming better opportunities will come flying; Odds are you'll see those opportunities as flawed, let them fly by and wait eternally.

Group Leader
I was wondering what's the icky feeling I've got and it's just that everyone around her is not giving her any time to settle her feelings down and decide whether she wants a relationship right now in the first place. Talking down to her that she should go for him is hardly better than complaining she divorced her cheater husband.

Dex-chan lover
MC has a brain and good moral compass but seems like a push over soooooooo yeah despite not wanting him to like her, looks like she'll fall for him. but...but ... SHES RIGHT it feels wrong for his infaution on her when hes so young and inexperienced to be with her.. oh boy guess thats how itll be

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread