Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 35

I mean.. this would all be solved if Ibelina just married Lorenzo and they left the mansion. Even if Alejandro is obsessed with Ibelina and she might like him in that way too, the best they could do is Ibelina as his mistress since he's a duke he has to marry a noble lady. But obviously the drama is going to continue and they're going to end up together in the end. Not that I'm complaining, I love this.

Leaving the mansion??
Noooooo. Why?? Alejandro is such a child. He's 17 now, he should tell her his feelings clearly.
I just realizaed I'm thinking just like a "telenovela" obsessed woman, the guy even has a latino name

Dex-chan lover
it would be so much easier to cheer for Alejandro if he would grow up a little and get his head out of his own butt when it comes to empathy and understanding other people. I want that idiot to find happiness, but he is NEVER GONNA FIND IT until he stops being a dense yandere manchild.

Dex-chan lover
Is it only me, but I really am irritated by Alejandro. He is just a pushy, childish character without much depth. To be honest I don't like him and I don't understand what MC sees in him in both the 'original' line and the new one.

Ibelina is also unmesurable dense in case of romance, but I don't think it is not possible in rl. She raised him and she is older then anybody here, so she see everybody as minor not even considering them as romantic partners.

Thanks for the chapters

Alejandro should just make Ibelina the head maid. What can anyone do about favoritism anyway, besides talk about it. And I read that low ranking nobles sometimes took that job for higher ranking families so it could help raise her status. Maybe she could work her way up and even get granted a title, which is something I read in another series. But none of that really fits this story, I’m just dreaming.

I’m glad we’re going to get a change of scenery, the plot feels stagnant in these last few chapters. I hope Ibelina doesn’t stay a maid forever, whether it’s the above or secret royal blood or something else entirely.

Dex-chan lover
@marsbars Depends on her manner of leaving. If she leaves together with Lorenzo, I'm going to hate it.

@Claresilver47 Alejandro has a perfectly reasonable excuse for being so. He lived as a shunned, locked away monster for years, with no caring human contacts. Ibelina was the only person in the world that stayed by his side and finally healed him. He fell for her in quite an immature but all the more powerful way. She's the only human in the world that matters to him. His worst nightmare would be losing her in any manner. Ibelina hasn't got any truly believable excuses. She should understand how things are from Alejandro's pov even if she herself didn't return the same feelings.

@Midnight_Sloth He hasn't got the means to provide for a reincarnator. He's just some random garden helper. He probably hasn't even got a surname. Ibelina wouldn't understand what life outside of a duke's mansion would be for a nobody commoner in the past.

@sketchy333 Who's going to kick her out, though? Only Alejandro could do it. If someone else did it by abusing their authority while he's away, that someone would find themselves in quite a lot of trouble.

Aggregator gang
I do hate the jealous maids but I am more annoyed with Alejandro and his blatant favoritism.
He should be aware of the trouble he is causing for her but nope...

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme She has VERY good excuses. It's not her place to be so close to him, she can not chastise him, nor can she be honest because she is his MAID. She's not his mother, nanny or teacher because it's literally not her job. In fact, she would be fired for talking like that to the Master of the house. She is VERY aware of this as evidenced by her internal complaints about him abusing his power over her. She can't even risk thinking about marrying Lorenzo because it will get him fired because Alejandro HAS that power. This is literally power abuse at this point and she very much needs to get out.

@Claresilver47 Nailed it.

Lol people saying Alejandro is childish, ect. Well duh. You got a freaking emotionally stunted character who was virtually isolated from society and people for like 14-15 years of life. Sure physically they're mature but mentally/emotionally are gonna be stunted for a long ass while on top of being rich & powerful in an era where modern mental health treatments and therapy don't exist.

Ibelina can't reprimand him much. He's fucking nobility. She's tried and stated many times about him being too close and people misunderstanding. Besides, he's too mentally stunted to even understand what he's doing is fucking up her ability to stay near him with his actions. She's not dumb, she's well aware of her position, station and situation. (Alejandro isn't.) Really damn aware and tried in her limited capacity to try and mitigate the issue. She's tried to tell the Head Maid in charge that there's nothing going on but there's the reputation of the Dukedom to uphold as well, so in the light of things, Ibelina is expendable.

It's not her fault but Alejandro.

Oh my goodness, PLEASE let Lorenzo have a chance. Please end up with Lorenzo!!

I realise the story's not going to let that happen but I have a tiny, tiny hope that maybe it could. Lorenzo's too good, he must have something good coming for him. He's gotta.

I get that Alejandro's going through a lot but I don't know, I'm really not liking his attitude atm. I guess I'm afraid the author might gloss over this issue as a sort of, 'cute' personality trait to swoon the readers.

@Clairesilver47
Hmmmmm, I wonder who's fault it is that Alejandro is so dependent on Ibelina? Might it be the same person who's been by his side the entire time, and now she is trying rehabilitate him without making her feelings or their relationship as maid and master clear? Hmmmm, truly a conundrum.

And even though it isn't her job, she is definitely in the position, and IS the only one in the position to chastise him since he only listens to her and no one else. The fault is on both sides, neither are innocent.

Group Leader
i really want ibee to marry lorenzo but ik it wont happen aghhhhhh

Group Leader
ok here IS MY PREDICTIONS
i won't use a spoiler tag since its predictions,
Our lovely Duke will SPEW FLAMES and wreck havoc just because her hand got a little cut, firing anyone in his sight hence our retardo ricardo MC will decide to leave the mansion because she'll believe its the only option to make our LIL' FIRE SPEWIN Dragon Duke happy

Dex-chan lover
Alejandro does of course still act like a child at times but Ibelin is older than she seems and could at least set him straight on her feelings. I think she actually deep down really likes Alejandro but doesn't want to acknowledge it because she's a maid. Might as well date Lorenzo to create some kind of distance and end the rumors.

Ibelina deserves all the grief she's getting. Why not just TALK to Alejandro about any of the stuff that plagues her. But no, that would be too smart for the stupid MC (who I really wanna call a very rude word).

And no, none of this is the ML's fault. He has had an awful childhood and upbringing. The MC on the other hand is a totally normal and mentally healthy person from our time.

She's just an idiot, and (although it won't happen) I actually hope she doesn't end up with anyone. Petty, maybe, but author made me dislike her. I still follow though, because other than that, it's a good story.

After all these chapters, and I STILL don't like Alejandro.... not even his blushes moved me into thinking he's cute, not once so far.
And I swear, if he goes into a rage about Ibelina cutting her finger and firing people for it, I'll reach thru the screen and slap that useless face of his.
Poor Lorenzo... why can't you be the ML instead?

Users who are viewing this thread