Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 37

Aggregator gang
I'm expecting her to lose the job or something, we're kinda past the point of "another lecture". From the head's point of view, Ibee is practically courting the "young lord".

Also the nickname "Ale" feels wrong, because I want to pronounce it as the alcohol when I assume it is pronounced the same way as his full name.

Damn, well shes totes getting fired or relocated. I can also already see Ale doing something ridiculous in the capital o-O

Fed-Kun's army
So why does Alejandro keep the old butler and head maid around? Just fire them and replace them with people that will follow his orders. No one has uses for servants that think they're better than their masters.

Aggregator gang
So he wants to propose to her with flowers, marry a commoner, and might start a rebellion to do it. Oh boy.

Dex-chan lover
Stop it Ibelena, you don't have to fall for him and his creepy sexual harassment! No wonder the heroine didn't choose him in the original timeline.

The Head Maid is straight up stupid. Ibelina has the Lord's favor. You don't mess with her, no matter what. Even worse if you think they have an affair. The goddamn duke can fire your ass.

Ah well. Guess we have to go through some annoying arcs before they can finally be together.

She's probably getting kicked out when he comes back he won't find her, and let's wait for the 2 possibilities:
1) Elaine lies to him and tells she went out by her own will and create some kind of confusion/misunderstanding and drags this arc forever
2) She plains tell him she was a bad influence bla bla bla, and he goes after her

Usually, the first option is the one we often see around, with lots of misunderstandings and people meddling here and there, passing false information to keep them split.
Can't wait to see what's going to happen.

@RamenRider

Dude, no matter how much you dictate her, he will be her end game lol.

I actually don't like what's going on with this webtoon, it was interesting at first but it gets boring by time.

I WILL SAY IT AGAIN, IF Mrs ELAINE DARES TO KICK IBEE OUT, I WILL CRAWL INTO MY SCREEN AND CHOKE A BITCH!!!

@Misticsan Nailed it! So far she's the only one that completely understood the power of hierarchy of the world she's in. Others are like lalalala dun care or dun get it. (Or lol we isekai'd as the rich and powerful)

@Eksentrysyti

Power of Attorney or the equiv of it. He doesn't have it yet. Until he's legit confirmed as Duke by the Crown, the old Duke/Duchess's hire policies still stay. Technically it's only been a couple weeks since the Duchess gave up her authority and got shipped out. He's got a lot of power as heir but there's still some things he can't fully do unless he's wholly confirmed lock stock and barrel.

@IHaveTurnedFujo kicking her out would be the nicest possible outcome. framing her for stealing that necklace she was given earlier in the story would be much worse. the first servant that was caught stealing was simply let go because they didnt care about she could and should have been locked in a dungeon or even silenced as it was a matter of family honor. falling for a servant was seen as pretty dishonorable and even humiliating among nobles. with them being a duke family it wouldnt be surprising if they really did try killing the MC over this. the female knight will probably make another appearance if they do. should be fun to see how it goes

now the actual question is will he lose it enough once he learns shes been fired to kill the head maid and butler, hit them, imprison them or just fire them.

Ooooookay, I really adore the author's work and sympathize Ibelina, but suddenly I came to realization that lady Elaine(who probably will get partially or fully antagonized and disfigured pretty soon ) is literally the best character in the entire series.
It won't fully prove my point, but my reasoning is as follows.
Everything she did until now was out of concern for young duke and dukedom. But, besides that, she acted mild about Ibelina and took no real punitive action towards this quite unruly maid. She decided to believe her.
Oh no poor lady Elaine will feel responsible, guilty and betrayed by Ibelina thus whatever she does from now on is pretty much justified.
And now about her outfit. Tbh I don't want to be this prickly, but maids constantly make me cringe my teeth off.
Look at these girls, with exceptionally unpractical, too frilly, too vibrant, too complex outfits, and, as such, hard to be washed, hard to be repaired, and, finally, provoking males. That is not an outfit of a working lower-class woman, that is one of an easy woman. Even with fantasy setting this is something unforgivable. Why? Because lady Elaine's design is decent and realistic. Skirt of appropriate length and moderately decorated bodice, fitting an upper-class servant, hairstyle which will not allows stray hairs to fall off and litter the mansion, colour, humble enough and fitting her servant status, etc.
And lastly, lady Elaine's manner of acting and speaking, polite, but forceful, is appropriate for a head servant. Especially given that all she tries to achieve is to avoid household she served in ruined by Alejandro, who, obviously, is seen as an unexperienced child.
Alas, we can argue that she already started to fall into the "grey zone", but... You see, this is a great topic to explore when you tackle difference social standing, so I honestly hope that at some point this will be elaborated further by esteemed author.

Am I going too deep? A bit. Am I retarded? A lot.

Tinfoil hat theory, what if Ibelina was Elenora. Has Elenora even mentioned in the story other than in Ibelina's thoughts?

Supporter
Yes, he often acts childish, but I feel like she is largely at fault for all of this because of how half-assedly she keeps handling these situations

Users who are viewing this thread