Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 37

Well pretty obvious Ibelina is going to be fired.

Thanks for so many chapters today.

Dex-chan lover
@A1B2C3 Not that she would have the authority. It would be pretty funny to be that old lady and get kicked out without any pension. I wonder how she's going to survive out there.

I wonder how many chapters would passed before Alejandro's return.

Hmmm?... What's that Alejandro? Importing some flower seeds? Could they be sunflower seeds? Where will you put them after they've grown up in the greenhouse, I wonder.

Was he looking for sunflower seeds?

Also, looking at Elaine's face, no warning, she's going to fire her. And then Alejandro will come back with his brilliant plan as a duke from the capital and Ibelina will be nowhere to be found.
And he's definitely not gonna fall for some random beauty who didn't even heal him. hmrghm.

Dex-chan lover
Why is the head maid so angry with Ibelina, yeah the duke favors her but what is she supposed to do? she can't tell him no or ignore him, the only other option would be to quit her job or fire her but there's no way she'd keep her job if she did that.
And how long is Ibelina going to be reject her feelings if she just came to terms with it maybe she could deal with them, since being a maid with a duke isnt possible apparently, but its gonna happen anyw I want to see how they'll get through it, they already have the head maid, butler, and lesser maids giving them the side eye wait until high society finds out

Supporter
I'm sorry but I keep bursting out laughing when they call him Ale, because a World cup/football/ American soccer song I know has the lyrics "Go go go, ale ale ale" :)))))

Fed-Kun's army
@brsity
As the administrator of household matters, she probably can. Technically, Alejandro hasn't taken over the dukedom yet (that's what his visit to the court is for), so there's a window of opportunity there. Of course, once he becomes the official Duke, he will be able to hire her again and none be able to oppose him... except Ibelina herself.

I expect drama. Surprisingly, Ibee is one of the few Isekai protagonists I've seen that understands how strict social hierarchies are. It would be too easy for the head maid to convince her that getting away from Alejandro is the best solution, for both of them. I wouldn't be surprised if the "reveal" (as in Alejandro telling her that he's not interested in Miss Heroine and only has eyes for her, as a romantic partner) happens in the upcoming arc, because otherwise she'll keep using the "I'm a lowly maid, you can't possibly be interested in me" card.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Why do you even need to call her out? Just say it right then and there. "Ibelina. You are fired." Then we can get to the 'good' parts.

The parts where we rage about the fictional useless head maid and her entourage of noble shitheads.

I can't really understand why people can't understand ML. Isn't it's already fact that ML is yandere?.
It really take genius to link between our master curse gone with his favoritsm to certain maid. The buttler really failed his job.

People argue about social hierarchy or things being frowned upon and shit like that but no one cared about that shit when the late Duke and his wife had lovers or abandoned their heir to die a anguishing, cruel and slow death or when the servants of the house treated their young master like he was a monster, so why would they care now ?

Dex-chan lover
@Ryuuji_Gremory well, the lovers were at least well to do, most likely lesser nobility, and no one cared about abandoning Alejandro in part because of the bullshit of noble politics. After all he was a black mark for being cursed and unlikely to be inheriting the dukedom because he was going to be killed by said curse so he was less than worthless in high society. Now he's no longer a literal leper and inheriting the title of Duke, the highest nonroyal title.

As far as the servants, they did the minimum that was required of them, which was to do enough that it didn't look like the parents intentionally let him die.

Also, they technically didn't abandon him to die. He had doctors, expensive medicine, and in the original timeline they straight kidnapped a girl who might know how to read the curse in an attempt to cure it. As a potential heir he wasn't ignored, as a child he was neglected.

@Misticsan I've even seen that lack of social hierarchy awareness bite a handful of isekai'd characters in the bum pretty hard. It's beautiful.

Contributor
And I can call you Ibee
And Ibee, when you call me, you can call me Ale

Users who are viewing this thread