Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 1 Ch. 38

desperate to understand whatever laws of physics govern the relationship between the emperor’s crown, his hair, and his head

Double-page supporter
man the king has only appeared for a few chapters and i already want him to fuck off

Fed-Kun's army
I’m glad that the head maid (or whoever she is) isn’t necessarily a bad guy. She’s just looking out for the young master. Obviously Ibelina making it her own choice to leave is gonna crush Alejandro but it’s not like the situation is going to get any better. She’s unhappy with the work environment and also still believes that Alejandro’s happy ending isn’t with her so it’s reasonable for her to leave.

Dex-chan lover
Head maid has a point, though.

Her staying around at the mansion, especially after all the time she's spent with Alejandro, is definitely going to raise some suspicion in the imperial palace (especially among rivals to the Leviti house).

And it doesn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together and realize that Ibelina must have played a role in removing the curse, even if they don't realize that she herself was the direct cause of such.

Dex-chan lover
I'm surprised the head maid wasn't depicted as a one-dimensional asshole who kicks Ibelina out because she thinks she is a gold digger or something like that.

Nothing she said was wrong. They really should have adressed this issue sooner instead of allowing Alejandro to do as he wanted.

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm, I have a feeling miss head maid just lost her damn job. I mean the dude literally just took over the title and the first thing his head maid does is try to kick out the only person that actually cares about him!? He's a duke he can do what he wants... look at his parents.

@Acolytus Ehh, not to say you're wrong... However, this head maid is... excuse my lack for a better term.. D-O-G-S-H-I-T! I mean the kid was cursed and who gave a damn? Not a single person, but our MC... Now that he's cured she wants to act like she gives a damn about what he's doing and who with? I mean his father and mother were practically whores, I bet she didn't chase off those people, huh?

Edit: I agree with how the head maid handled it though, she wasn't a completely one-sided asshole about it. However, tsk tsk... She just doesn't know what we know. xD

I hope this chapter finally makes people realize Ibelina isn't dense. Also, good on Lady Elaine. I'm glad she isn't what I think she is and is genuinely supportive of Ibelina; it's also refreshing to see her call out Alejandro's behavior and not blame Ibelina.

Lady Elaine doesn't know that there is a reason why Ibee wants to stay a bit longer so I believe what she did was for Ibelina's best interests. A more biased "boss" would just fire her on the spot, but she actually considered the sides of both parties. Needless to say, I am starting to like her lol. Now only if Alejandro would be half as mature as she is.

Dex-chan lover
Well.. Goodbye Ibelina, for a while anyway. Then everyone would see how Ale is crazy. lol
Many thanks

Head maid is actually being very reasonable. She's not forcefully firing Ibelina. She brings up good points that even if Ibelina is content to just be a servant, Alejandro's feelings for her cannot be ignored and social classes will not allow such a relationship. Plus, from her viewpoint, she's probably helping Ibelina cause historically, masters being romantically involved with maids ends up tragic for the maid seeing there's such a power difference.

Lady Eliane turned out better than I originally thought.... not blaming Ibelina, and yea, as other commenters mentioned, considered both sides and didn’t treat Ibelina unfairly. I wonder if she really will leave (and then we’d see Ale get heartbroken (huhuh nooooo)

I thought the head maid was going to lambast her and kick her out. Very reasonable of her to point out Ibelina is in a difficult position and offer her an out.

Dex-chan lover
I hope the Head maid is fine after this
She's a decent person

@Roiya
ibee could be his "exclusive" servant really.

i mean, nobility is like to mingle with anything they came across.
as long it's not publicy happen or formally happen.

Meh, just rebel and slay the headmaid and the king.
then get war with neighboring country.

Wow, it is actually refreshing to see characters so real and logical. Lady Elaine isn't a bad guy here, she sees the situation for what it is (objectively) and tries to help Ibelina instead of just simply getting rid of her.

Users who are viewing this thread