Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid - Vol. 2 Ch. 54

For those of you complaining, yes it is possible to buy or earn a status if you’re rich enough since nobles technically want you on their side but will still down on you for “dirty” blood

lol pretty sure buying status is a real thing bc when you add someone into the family list they technically become a noble but are viewed as lesser by other nobles 🤷🏻‍♀️ thank you for the update!

Well, guess the only real problem of them being together is solved (other than Ibe being a literal blockade to her own relationship)

Hmm, wasn’t it hinted in the earlier chapters that Ibe might be from a noble family? I don’t quite remember in which chapter but someone had said she resembled someone who was a noble idk 😅

It is possible buying a noble status, it is not first time someone did that. It was commonly achieved by rich merchants/businessmen... However, they can only buy the "status" of a baron. Plus, they considered as low-tier among nobles bc it was not inherited by birth.

The only part that confused me was the "North" "South" bit. Either there was a typo in chapter 41/42 about her going north ("It's more expensive in the north than in the south") or a typo about Alejandro complaining about the weather being too hot here compared with the North. Had I not accidentally started reading the previous chapter, I might not have noticed, but I figured that I would point out the discontinuity. =P Someone may want to take a look. :3

Thanks for the updates! <3

Also, Ibee has gotten herself in a right mess now—this is going all The Count of Monte Cristo over here! :3

Dex-chan lover
"Me."

My my~ It's nice seeing Alejandro so grown up after these 3 years. He's still a bit childish about this, but he's not being oppressive or unreasonable anymore. Moreover, he's properly considering future moves and taking the initative.

Zm

Money money money, it's a rich man's wooooorrldd~~
Finally tho! No more excuses, pls just start being happy together

@Seracila It is mentioned in other manga and web-novels how rich merchants buy their status from poor or failing noble families. I'm not sure how accurate this is to real life though.

@hydrangea_wine You might be onto something. We still don't know who the original body FL is in belongs to. We hadn't had a single ounce of any family member contacting her for years, she herself has no memories of the body's past didn't even know her own name. She must've had a family.

So unless she's an orphan who was able to become a maid, then she's highly likely to be an actual hiding runaway foreign noble with the ability to cure the curse, like Elenora.

This timeskip didn't really seem to lead to whole lot of actual maturing for any characters.

"They could at least give me a hint," she says, having been given a mountain-full of hints, by EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER.

Users who are viewing this thread