Sincerely: I Became a Duke's Maid

cnd

Lmao, thank you translator. I appreciate the acknowledgement that what happened in the last chapter want exactly the epitome of polite behavior.

Honestly. this one had me burst into laughing.
sexy-time and comedy-time in one!
😂🤣😂

@Kieraembers
You're not being overly sensitive. You perfectly described the problems with this series. I couldn't have agree anymore. I think the folks that approve of their relationship aren't familiar with a healthy relationship. I wish that everyone approving their relationship reads your comment. I really wish the series will end up with them being platonic and the ML pursue someone else. The plot felt generic once it began forcing the FL and ML together.

I also want to say that I'm sorry that you were abused. I hope everything is better and you are no longer in that situation.

@skyenets I don't know what happened in the first comment, but at least in this story there's no room for abuse or antietic behavior caused by Evelina being older than Liandro.
She rejected him when he was younger, they both lived apart from each other for 3 years, then he came back and confessed again being now in his 20's... now that they both are adults and 4 years are not a great age gap, there's no problem for them to be a couple. I'm more concerned about HIS behavior since he can't take "no" for an answer and he's a very jealous person towards her. That could lead to a toxic relationship for HER.

@Helen_Brite
Here's the context of the comment I replied to:
The fl meets the ml in his early adolescence, however he is physically and emotional behind other children his age. He looks very much like a child and had been deprived of affection. Of course this means that when the fl shows up and shows him affection and kindness she becomes his world.

The issue is that because he was so neglected his love map is messed up. He imprints on her and becomes romantically interested in her while she tries to keep the relationship platonic. He becomes possessive and blind to certain issues in the relationship he wants.

There are two imbalances of power in this relationship, she is older than him and a caretaker who also knows certain plot points in his life. He becomes her employer and controls certain aspects of her life.

The story is probably leaning towards a romantic relationship between the two which just makes cringe. What would be best would be for fl to teach ml that there are various forms of love. And to encourage him to branch out. But that ain't gonna happen.

I hope this provided you some insight. While I disagree with your comment, I'll leave it at that since I don't want to have an internet debate over the morals of their relationship.

You know that show where it’s so terrible with its cheesy scenarios and cliche plot, which at times doesn’t even make much sense and is unnecessary, but is still somehow enjoyable because of how bad it is? This is that show. Just with a sprinkle of pedophilia undertones and manipulative behavior.
For me, the age gap isn’t the problem, but the caretaker issue. The fact that she initially viewed him as a child and was, in a sense, the sole parental figure for him just does not sit right with me. Also, the mental maturity is an issue. It is disgusting to portray a romantic situation (at the top of my head, the one bed scene when he looks like he was 5 and she fell on top of him) when one party is obviously not as mentally mature as the other. There is a clear power dynamic. Maybe some of you will understand better if you decide to have children in the future.

Supporter
I guess now is a good time to drop this series. I'm not into caretaker x charge relationship (no matter how small the age gap), that goes for series like Usagi drop or For my DAUGHTER I can defeat the demon king as well. Probably gonna come back for the very last chapter but for now it's just hmmmmmm

Gosh I wanna enjoy this so bad, I like the setting and characters but the way they made him look so small at the beginning is just ahh it’s creepy af

Users who are viewing this thread