SINoALICE - Ch. 5 - Dream of Beginnings (Sequel)

Group Leader
i've understand 10% of what it is happening, and it is interesting
so i think the rest it is the same

Group Leader
oh look there's an extra chapter to a manga with only 4 chapters
i know this is a sequel, but the stats don't really make sense do they ?

I'm... Just kinda lost on the names, lol, what, are Anki and Gishin are like similar in meaning to Noya and Parrah?

Ugh, literally playing through the alice chapters in act 3 right now...

Now I'm confused about it

Group Leader
@nutjob
Thanks for the headsup!

@Idanhaha
The release schedule is pretty erratic (even on my end), I hope that you'll continue reading!

@Clodial
As mentioned in the description, it's a manga supplement to the game.
The game's setting is a multiverse so I wager we're following one of the other instances of 'Reality' that's not portrayed in the game.
They never outright said the manga being a direct adaptation.

@Clodial

Anki and Gishin is the Japanese name for Parrah and Noya and also have a similar meaning to how Parrah and Noya together mean Paranoia.

EDIT: For the translators, I'm not sure if future chapters will allude specifically to what Anki and Gishin mean together (and right now it slips my mind what it was) but if not, you could possibly swap their names with the official English names.

Group Leader
@Clodial
@aethershadow

>Gishin and Anki's name.

The original word put together, gishinanki, is a compound word that means "a feeling as though you see a demon that shouldn't be there (or exist)".
In a sense it does mean 'paranoia' but it's a more specific form of paranoia.
The word itself also means another thing when shortened to 'gishian', it means "the sounds of enacting intercourse, more specifically the sounds of a bed when do is being done".
The Japanese like to shorten words to a few syllables so the word gishian is used rather often in-game.
One can also interpret gishian's meaning as the old and creaky noises the dolls make when they make an appearance or talk.

I don't intend on using Nexon's localized terms (Parahnoyah and Bondage), I'll be sticking with the fan-made terms for most things for preference sake.

I enjoy the story, but it's such a shame I don't enjoy the game.

@Nashoki

Thanks for teaching us their meaning, sounds good to stick with the original names as I was just making a passing suggestion (though I believe their localization isn't being handled by Nexon but rather by SINoALICE's original dev team themselves? I might be wrong or they may have just stuck with those new names out of laziness). Always nice to learn something new.

Group Leader
@aethershadow

This is entirely observational on my part, when Nexon first launched news of their localization, Restriction was TL'd as Bondage, gacha became Grimoires.
And a few many other game terms localized in a peculiar way. They're in no way wrong but it didn't sit well with my preferences of word-choice.
When PKLB took the game back and localized it themselves, the terms all stayed the same.
Thus, I think PKLB pretty much picked up from what Nexon had established so far, to save costs I wager.

I don't know about the state of the translation as of recent events but it was a little shaky in the early game.
More so for the Replicant event where they made a big misinterpretation.

Users who are viewing this thread