Siscon Ani to Brocon Imouto ga Shoujiki ni Nattara - Vol. 4 Ch. 36 - When You Want to Think About the Future

Double-page supporter
"Give a man a game and he'll have fun for a day. Teach a man to make games and he'll never have fun again."

Dex-chan lover
Make games is not fun, trust me. NOT AT ALL.
Yeah, I love playing games and I study in MS Software Engineering right now. I tried taken game programming class once and never, NEVER again.

Dex-chan lover
Not my kinda arc. Seriously just talk about it with Uta, easy. Unnecessary drama, waste of panels

Dex-chan lover
New cover is cute af.

For the chapter, I smell the usuale clichè when she’ll discover the truth and things will go like “I want you to be happy” and she’ll replies “I can’t be happy if you’re not” or something similar.
In the end, he will chose what he really wants to do.

Power Uploader
Playing games and making games are two completely different things.

How can a teacher mislead a student that way?

Aggregator gang
That teacher should take his job seriously.
I like to eat bread. You should work in a bakery. I like to drive a car. You should be a car mechanic. I like to read manga. You should be a mangaka. I like to play games. You should be a programmer.

Sounds pretty asinine to me....

Dex-chan lover
is this manga from 20 years ago? The video game market is huge, it's taking over talent from the movie industry, wdym unstable work?
And yeah, the idea that enjoying games leads to making games is weird (I do enjoy both) - now if you're crazy for games, you might do well as a beta tester, professional gamer or even let's play maker. After that you might consider game creation related work - it's not limited to programming, you can also be a designer, an artist, a voice actor, special effects pro; the industry really is huge.

Contributor
"Since Uta and I started pretending to be lovers." Bro...

Dex-chan lover
@WillTell
Lets see, theres the Crunch Culture of pushing everyone working on a project to stay working 70 hours when delivery date is due.
the sudden layoffs.
the fact that posting something on twitter will get you blacklisted.
yeah i dont see why working in game development is bad at all

the twitter thing getting you blacklisted is neither relevant nor restricted to video game industry
surprise: being an asshole makes you unpopular

Fed-Kun's army
Wow. I don't know what to think of what his teacher said. It's a known fact to informed people that playing games is completely different from making them. Playing games does not include programming, art designing, debugging, and the like. He's talking like an immature middle schooler that thinks that game developers play games for a living. Based on how he reacted to Uta, That career path would make him miserable. In the first place, not everybody is completely satisfied with the job they are working.

Contributor
>game design

Literally the most notorious track record for black companies.

s1

I respect this guy's resolve to support his wincest fantasy. But teamwork makes the dream work! Tell your girlfriend so you can both decide on a future-proofing plan.

@Kirin-kun @GerryCerryBery
A lot of people who aren't in the tech industry are ignorant of that fact

It actually rare to see teacher like that, seeing about his student's gaming skills as a plus point. But, Ritsu is right, game programmer is an unstable job. Even without "Game", a programmer is still a tough job if your aim is to support family.

But the teacher isn't 100% wrong. He offers a school, not a job. It doesn't like by entering game school you'll be a game developer after graduate.

Fed-Kun's army
As someone who has a BS in Game Design, that teacher just gave him the absolute worst advice possible. The market is so oversaturated it's ridiculous. There are literally around 10,000 unemployed game designers for every single open position in the game industry. That's why they can afford to pay their workers so little and work them to the bone. The advice he SHOULD have given him was "find a job you're good at and stick with it." Your likes and dislikes are constantly changing, but if you're good at something, you tend to stay good at it (aside from perishable skills, of course).

He should just become a programmer and he'll support a family just fine. Just don't go into gamedev, people are willing to work for less there for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread